+ Reply to Thread
    Tyler

Yes | No

When to go from dry to wet N2O?

Im nearly complete designing my NO2 Kit. I have a 94 540i and figured that the fuel system on it would be adequate for quite a large boost. I was going to change my fuel pump first since it has 150K miles, but other than that, I figured it was ready to go. Anyone have advice on when its time to step up the fuel flow? If that's necessary, I figured bigger injectors would do the trick. The stock emmisions system is capable of compensating for the N2O by adding alot more fuel right? I was pretty much just planning on going for it with custom solenoid valves, while relying on the stock 02 sensors to manage everything.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56878 dieseldoc1 is an unknown quantity at this point dieseldoc1's Avatar

Yes | No

A wet kit is the most safe way to run nitrous>>>.>

Your stock fuel pump should be able to support about a 100 shot. Your torque will exceed the Hp boost as well. That is of course if your fuel system is 100%. If there is any question than investigate. Changing your fuel pump is a good idead as it is old. In my 6 I used the ZEX dry kit. I went with a single Holley intank pump, larger injectors, and more fuel pressure. The stock fuel system held about 100hp that is why I upgraded the system. Don't just go out and throw in larger injectors and start crankin up fuel pressure with out expecting to have to have some tuning done. The engine will not like all the extra fuel off nitrous and it will cause driveability issues. Best bet is to stay with your stock and perfectly working fuel system and use a wet kit for fuel enrichenment. I would also have a Stoich meter installed so you can monitor your air/fuel mixture while boosting.

Tyler

Yes | No

Re: A wet kit is the most safe way to run nitrous>>>.>

Theres also an 850i in the family. I wasn't sure which car I would start the project on. I figured the V12, with it's dual fuel system, and potentially upgraded 19lb ford injectors, I could run about 150+hp without having any supply issues. The next question, is the DME dynamic enough to allow that much fuel in during a boost situtation, while maintaning normal street drivability with the 19lb injectors? Ultimately, I wanted to engineer my own progressive nitrous system. Obviously, this would be much easier with a dry system.

davide30

Yes | No

about injector

I have e30 turbocharged and i put 19lbs injector , and i have rough idle and i dont know why please tell me ??

Dave

Registered Member
    Member No: 56878 dieseldoc1 is an unknown quantity at this point dieseldoc1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: about injector

Well you have a ton of variables that need to be considered before could give you an educated answer. I can offer a guess though. I would need to look at your whole setup including plumbing and engine managment. If you are using the stock motoronic with the air flow meter then I would probably venture to say that at idle you are running a bit rich due to the larger injector flow. Normally we compensate by adjusting the AFM for the larger fuel load. Stock ECU can only do so much in terms of mixture control due to the fact that it was setup for a 16# injector. So even if it does go to a correction map it will still be flowing to much fuel for the given pulse width. Plumbing may also be a factor in your rough idle. Where are you located? I think you are in CA? Maybe we could hook up

Registered Member

Yes | No

The DME will not allow enough fuel>>>>>>>

You have to remeber these little boxes are stuck with a few correction maps and none you can alter unless you do the chip thing. I am big promoter on stand alones because of the infinite tuning capability they offer. If you are smart enough to engineer a progressive nitrous setup with relays and pressure switches then you will easily comprehend the totallity of stand alone engine management. If I were you I would get the ZEX wet kit. It is easy to install and doesent have a whole bunch of crappy looking solenoids all over the place. It constantly monitors bottle pressure to ensure you of a proper fuel mixture every time you floor it. It will run off of your stock fuel pump and kick in extra fuel under load only. Then when it is off your back under normal engine operating parameters. I would not use a progressive system unless I where going to be putting serious power down.

Tyler

Yes | No

Re: The DME will not allow enough fuel>>>>>>>

Running a signle Zex setup on a the V12 would definatley be nice, but the cost seems high. Half the appeal with N20 was the fact that it's relatively simple to install. I've been leaning towards jumping to 19# mustang injectors, along with dual M50 Mafs to keep the idle smooth. This should give me the supply I need up to 400+ HP I believe. I'd hope the DMEs would increase their range with the new MAFs and Injectors right? I read about this solution in the 8 series Message board, under the heading "quest for more speed".

davide30

Yes | No

Re: about injector

ok , the last week i run the car without boost and he run very good ,yesterday i put my injector and ooohh the motor run rough the same like you disconnect injector , i think the motor run on 4 or 5 cylinder . You say to adjust my AFM , i just load the spring of the flap in the AFM or change for one of the 535.explain more about the AFm.
    thank you

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information