+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ergin

Yes | No

mechanic in NYC metro area?

I need some suspension/steering work done on my 99 323i,
    can you please recommend a mechanic? I got ripped off by BMW of
    Manhattan and swore not to take my car to a dealer.

Thanks

///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

good Shop in Flushing Queens

My recomendation:

In Flushing Queens New York City:

Quality Auto Performance. 133-05 35th Ave , Flushing N.Y. 11354
    (718) 461-6060

I do most work on my cars myself, but if I can't or just don't feel like it, these are the guys for me. Never tried to screw me once.

If you do go there tell him Ari with the silver 6 series sent you, everyone I have sent there comes back and tells me what a good experience they have had there and end up going to him more often.

The owner and workers live, breath, sweat and bleed BMW.

guy......petpnyc

Yes | No

www.littlegarage.com is good...ask 4 jeffrey, good

///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

Little Garage is a Rip Off and many horror stories

I personally had a very bad experience with him which cost me more than what I paid for the car, without my consent.

Many other BMW CCA members in my area have also told me some pretty bad stories also, and one guy took him to court to sue him.

I don't know about you, but once I hear something bad about a shop, I stay away, unless I hear many remarkable things, but in this case I have heard too many bad things about the little garage.

the moves. Morty K.

Yes | No

I second that! They wanted $1050 for a water pump

for a 90 750. They said the belts and pulleys, and tensioners should be replaced. The belts and pulleys were less than a year old at the time. They know what they are doing but try to sell more than you need.

the moves. Morty K.

Yes | No

My experience with them was that they were

really sloppy. Scratched my fender and grease on seat and steering wheel.

the moves. Morty K.

Yes | No

After trying the two above mentioned I went to

Performance BMW in Dobbs Ferry. 30-40 mins from the west side. They charge for actual time and let me bring my own parts. Karl owns the shop. Brett from Kaola Motor Sports worked there before moving to Ohio.

TripleX5

Yes | No

I've had work done on my e23 here.

The Little Garage
    They can be abit expensive though.

Be sure to CLICK the picture.
    Ed(TripleX5)

Registered Member
    Member No: 85342 ROHER714 is an unknown quantity at this point ROHER714's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: mechanic in NYC metro area?

L/R AUTO BROOKLYN (LOUIE)718 875-5541... ANY 6 SERIES MEMBERS IN THE CITY...

Registered Member
    Member No: 78533 raymartin is an unknown quantity at this point raymartin's Avatar

Yes | No

i gotta say ,they have been hit or miss with me.

the last time they did work on my car they scratched the fender also. offered to have it repainted, told me it was done . by the second time i washed the car the shoe polish came off the fender and the scratch was still there..

97 540i
    rogue short shifter
    rogue tranny mounts
    rev hi intake
    m5 rear sway 18 inch hamman hm2/kumho

Registered Member
    Member No: 115809 ilovecow is an unknown quantity at this point ilovecow's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I second that! They wanted $1050 for a water pump

i have to second that. had several bad experiences with them:

1. took car in for overheating problems. didn't say anything about the ac not being cold. they ended up replacing the water pump, some hoses, AND, recharged the AC without asking me. AND, it wasn't CFC-free freon. the freon was something like $9 a unit, and they put in something like 30 units!!! when i asked why it costs so much, they even dared to tell me next time we should put in the CFC-free version. like, duh? did you bother to think you should've put them in the first time?
    2. less than a year later, took car in for oil change and checkup before i went on a road trip. told me AGAIN the water pump needs to be replaced. i told them it was replaced by them less than a year ago, why would it need replacement so soon? then the story got changed to "it may have a little play, but nothing major."
    3. had front-end shimmy problems. asked them to check the upper control arm bushings. they claimed they were fine and that the car needed front wheel balancing. supposedly they balanced the car. didn't help. car still had shimmy. went to another shop, swapped out the bushings, shimmy gone. old ones were cracked.
    4. a friend of mine took his e46 328i in for oil change. he brought his own mobil 1 in one of those 5 quarts containers. he ended up getting charged over $60 bucks for the oil change because he didn't have enough oil. what? another quart of mobil 1 costs $10? or the oil filter costs $20?

Registered Member
    Member No: 109661 rdescherer is an unknown quantity at this point rdescherer's Avatar

Yes | No

Check out Rennsport in Hackensack, NJ. Owner is Sal Puleio. He has worked on my cars for over 10 years. Very trustworthy and honest.
    Ph: 201-489-5577

Registered Member
    Member No: 103427 BMWRAY is an unknown quantity at this point BMWRAY's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: i gotta say ,they have been hit or miss with me.

Is anyone interested in a master bmw tech that does work on saturdays at a fraction of what a dealer charges although maintains a quality of workmanship. then email me at [email protected]

rasco.ar1

Yes | No

Re: Little Garage is a Rip Off and many horror stories

u r full of it best service ive ever had.

rasco.ar1

Yes | No

great servise shop.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23974 gef62 is an unknown quantity at this point gef62's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: www.littlegarage.com is good...ask 4 jeffrey, good

I'd recommend that you stay away from this shop as they do not really diagnose what's really wrong but just replace parts. I have plenty of receipts with parts being replaced (i.e. water pumps, reciver dryers, battery, exhaust) but not repairing the car for what it was brought to the shop for.

As an example, taken the car in since it was not starting when it was hot. They replaced a year old DIE-HARD battery. I still had the same problem and it was only fixed after I replaced the starter myself.

If you do not mind being nickeled and dimed by Jeffrey... go for it!

Registered Member
    Member No: 130369 iconoclast is an unknown quantity at this point iconoclast's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: The Little Garage has seen better days....

Be Very Careful with the Little Garage. Be very clear about what you want them to do. Be sure to let them know that you understand whats going on with your car. They have a passive/aggressive style. They are very nice, but will have you coming back again and again. They will manifacture cost where there are none, will try to squirm out of responsibility for screw ups...but will be
    exceedingly personable while robbing you of your money and time.

I stopped going to them over 5 years ago....

mike

Yes | No

motorworks west in wyckoff, nj

DJ Luvlee

Yes | No

Yes, they are expensive. I took my 1991 M5 to them . They took care of some oil leaks and stuff. I was pretty happy until they charged me $95. in labor to change a glove compartment lock. That Jeffrey has got to go.... I might need a valve adjustment & want to install a adjustable cam gear for some low end torque. Where do I go. Live in Queens.

addie

Yes | No

Re: www.littlegarage.com is good...ask 4 jeffrey, good

My story:

I took my X5 to the "little Garage of Horrors" for a simple oil change.. which was done for $100... Some guy there told another guy that the upper control arms had shimmy and it "should be replaced". Their offer was $1000 (parts and labor) I told him that my bimmer was a Pre-Owned with 50,000 miles & under warrantee but only 500 miles put on by me. When they heard that, their mood and faces changed... It made me feel good and reminded me of one of the posts here on roadfly about the "part changing gimmick/trick and their nickle and diming customers"... Well instead of telling me to take it back to BMW and have it checked they gave me the salesman BS and chopped prices to make a deal...(think i got them down to about $750, don't remember) but that's a good thing because i ain't ever going back there...

Want to give thanks to all the honest guys here on roadfly, you saved me time, aggravation, arguments but most importantly my hard earned money...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information