+ Reply to Thread
    ///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

Sport seat re-upholstery shop Recommendation

Hi Guys,

For My 87 L6, I just picked up a set of older ( 85-86 ) E24 Sport seats. they look like the es / is seats. They are good cores, but the leather is shot on them. I'd like to have a good shop recover them to look like the just came from BMW. But Also I'd like to have them recovered like the later seats found in the M6, E30 M3 and E30 cabrios. I think these are called Special Edition seats. I'm pretty certain they could do that.

So here is what I am asking. I'd like to hear about shops in the tri-state area that can do this type of work. I live in Bayside Queens, NYC. but I'm willing to travel a bit for a good shop that will do good work at a fair price.

So I'd like to hear your experiences. Thank You

The pic below is what I want my seats to look like when they are done.

///ARINUTS...

Yes | No

Is there any decent shops around here???

Registered Member
    Member No: 9065 killeen_john is an unknown quantity at this point killeen_john's Avatar

Yes | No

I just had good experience with Tom\'s Upholstery

I will never use a random upholstery shop again without referral after a shop in CT hacked up the seats of my previous car.

Tom's Auto Upholstery was referred to me recently and I am very pleased with the work. Give Rodger a call.

Best of luck

-JohnK
    00' M Roadster
    NY/NJ/CT Area

Registered Member
    Member No: 104126 john1225 is an unknown quantity at this point john1225's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I just had good experience with Tom\'s Upholstery

I second tha!!!!
    I Just had my back seats done by Tom's. Rodger is the man. He carries BMW leather. Did a great job on the stiching.

Registered Member
    Member No: 77295 jaeo is an unknown quantity at this point jaeo's Avatar

Yes | No

how much did you pay?

Registered Member
    Member No: 33549 TheDue is an unknown quantity at this point TheDue's Avatar

Yes | No

Just had a good experience with (+)

Tom's Upholstery
    170 Marbledale Road Tuckahoe NY
    (914) 961-4242

They completely restored the interior of my 328ic and I think they did a great job. FYI several dealerships sub out to these guys, including my local BMW dealership.

Registered Member
    Member No: 16228 damarti is an unknown quantity at this point damarti's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sport seat re-upholstery shop Recommendation

Last year I bought the upholstery for my '88 M6 from World Upholstery. I had visions of doing the install myself on the front seats with the M6 Special Edition kit. Even went out and bought hog rings and hog ring pliers. Took about 45 minutes of wrestling with one of the headrests to realize that this was a job for a professional. (Or someone with the hands of the Arnold, and three of them no less!)

I went to three shops in NJ (Somerset, Middlesex counties) without success. Nobody wanted to touch those powered seats. Finally I went to Atlas Auto Atlas, 81 U S Hwy No 1, Edison, NJ 08817, Main Phone: (732) 985-6800. Spoke with the owner Sandy Dubin. They've been in business in the same location for 49 years. He quoted me $300 per seat, took two days, and did a fabulous job. Also told me that he could get the same upholstery from World for less than I paid.

He'll be doing the complete interior of my '86 725i next month. Quoted three days and $3600.00.

Highly recommneded.BMWCCA, BMWMOA, BMWRA
    Sixes&Sevens ('86 635CSi, '86 735i, '88 M6, '75 R90S, '75 R90/6)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information