+ Reply to Thread
    Tether

Yes | No

Don\'t Let Niello Wash Your Car!

I have two BMW's and have taken them to Niello regularly for service. One of my cars is a dark blue and I seemed to have a problem developing with terrible clear coat scratches in the paint and heavy swirl marks. I did a complete Zaino treatment on the car and had decent results in minimizing the scuffs to the clearcoat. At one point, I was browsing the stock area between the Mini and BMW dealership during the week. I look over and witness an employee washing a beautiful 330Ci with a large heavy SCRUB BRUSH across the hood! That next time I went into service I forgot to tell the Advisor (Brian Munger) that I did not want them to wash the car. Well, I ended up calling in the afternoon to see if it had been washed and he had confirmed to me that it had. He asked why and I told him the story of how I saw someone just brushing the car down with a large elephant brush. He told me that they ONLY use chamois cloth when washing the vehicle but do use a brush to clean the tires and wheels. I told him that I was sure he was using the brush on the painted surface and he told me he would look into it. Sure enough, my car clear coat was all scratched up.

Recently.. I stopped by the dealership with a friend of mine looking at the new X5's. While walking back by the car wash area and once again witnessed a car being brushed down with a large handled SCRUB BRUSH!! I was pissed at that point. I was pissed for whoever’s car that was and also for the attitude that was given to me about the complete improbability of what I was originally describing to the advisor. I walked right up with my friend to the service manager and told him the situation. He acted upset and walked over to the car wash area but I have a feeling it was just for "show." If you have a car finish you care about it is probably good ideas not to have ANYONE wash it but yourself, but in Niello's case, your cars finish will be seriously damaged each time they hit it with their malicious techniques.

Registered Member
    Member No: 86547 eVal is an unknown quantity at this point eVal's Avatar

Yes | No

argh, what a nightmare

can't say i'm terribly surprised though - i was treated very poorly at Niello.

At Weatherford in Berkeley they actually asked me if I wanted the car washed or not and when I declined they actually stuck a sign in the window and it was not washed. I was happy and amazed, no other dealer has asked me first and done something so logical.

Tether

Yes | No

Re: argh, what a nightmare

Yeah.. I can imagine the service is much better at Weatherford. They feel much more professional down there, Niello sometimes rides the between being like a Honda dealership with regards to attitude.

Ian

Yes | No

niello is not cool

called for part information + pricing and they were quite rude....
    my parent's bought my e28 back in 91 @ weatherford got it for a pretty price too

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

Geez!

My girlfriend wonders why I never let my car nor hers get washed at car washes. That's why!

I wash my car with a car washing mitt. nothing else touches the surface except for three things: the wash mitt, the Absorber to dry off, and terry cloth to buff it when wax is applied.

Ian

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Don\'t Let Niello Wash Your Car!

Think of it this way the idiot running the brush is probably paid $4.00 or whatever min. is and has a IQ of 2. Probably was told to use the Chamois but didn't understand. The service advisors and manager probably don't go out there to watch this idiot. Contact the GM of Niello and register a complaint. When you get the call back from BMW give them 0s or tell your service advisor that he will get the zeros unless someone takes care of your car before BMW calls.
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©42 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I always tell them no, and after hearing your

Viv
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Ian

Yes | No

actually....

cable carwash in davis does quite a good job for CHEAP :)
    i know because my sister has been going there throughout her undergraduate career
    i still get my car washed when i'm in town
    there's a horrible place down on freeport blvd near sac city college though
    forget the name, they suck

D323i

Yes | No

Watch out for watches too!

I used to get free car washes from Infiniti because they were closer to home and the owner also owned the BMW dealership where I bought my car. Infiniti gave free hand washes on Saturday using the mitt but I noticed that a lot of the employees wore watches with metal bracelets during the drying process. Once I saw that, it was the last time I went back to Infiniti. I guess I'm not surprised that dealers don't have rules regarding wearing jewelry when washing cars.

dang

Yes | No

Might have been a brush for cleaning cars!...

There are brushes used to clean paint. I've used them before. I'm not disputing your eyewitness account, just letting you know that there are products out there that might look a little strange for that use...

Dan

Tether

Yes | No

Yeah i am pretty sure this was not the case

just the fact that my first and second acusation of the use resulted in denials and shocked looks from the advisor and management. Also, I have seen the brushes approved for use on paint (the kind mechanical car wash use) and this was more like the kind of brush you would use to scrub patio furniture or perhaps car tires.

Dane Kane(Ca.Gold Country)
    Member No: Dane Kane(Ca.Gold Country)'s Avatar

Yes | No

Better yet, don\'t let them do anything to it!!!

...they don't seem to care much about customers or BMW's...Be very WARY!! dk '97 2.8 bg R(originally purchased from Niello's)

ehdz4

Yes | No

Re: niello is not cool

I almost did business with them but backed out, they were not very nice either, dealer thought I was some rich person with wads of money pouring out of my pockets...actually the only good thing they did for me was get me approved for a good finance rate for the car I bought. The other dealership I did business with could not even come close to the numbers they got and finally said to me to convince Neillo to fax the approval and they would give me a better deal. hahaha...who is your daddy now...I am glad I did business with the other dealership, they even gave me a free loaner of the same model to drive for four days while they located the car I was buying, you gotta say that is nice. like saying "here, take this other car that is just like it and abuse the hell out of it while we find your car."

DiS

Yes | No

Whaaaaaaaaaa

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information