+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 80384 m728i is an unknown quantity at this point m728i's Avatar

Yes | No

Mint 76\' 3.0 Si Value?!?

I just ran into a mint 76' 3.0 Si with 12,000, yes 12,000 original miles on it. The car is white with no rust, it has red leather, auto and the rest of the jazz. What is this car worth on the market? I was asked by the owner to make an offer. He doesnt seem to be an enthusiast but an meticulous sort of a guy. He says it is his wifes car and she has the ultimate decision on the price. I am not sure if she has an emotional attachment to the car or not but I need a figure as to what kind of money the car is worth and what kind of an initil offer I should make. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 74368 Honeygrovefarm is an unknown quantity at this point Honeygrovefarm's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Mint 76\' 3.0 Si Value?!?

Sadly the 3.0 Si has not gained much popularity in collector circles, this however gives you the opportunity to purchase an excellent vehicle at a good price. Given the mileage and overall condition $6000 would be a fair price in my opinion. The auto tranny is the only real weak spot that I see in this car. You can change the transmission to a 5 speed for not alot of money, additionally I would suggest you get rid of the thermal reactors and change over to the earlier style Bavaria exhaust manifolds. Let me know if you don't purchase this vehicle as I might be interested.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information