+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Has anyone made it to the weekly VA Beach

Saturday evening car gatherings? Generally it's a lot more hot rod action than German machinery, but you never know if BMWs should start making an appearance. There are definitely some neat cars that make appearances.

I think it starts around 4pm, and runs until they decide to leave...9-10pm? They are located in a (Haygood?) parking lot off Independance Blvd.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

Keith

Yes | No

Re: Has anyone made it to the weekly VA Beach

VA Beach - no. But there's one in York County, at Heritage Square shopping center. I've been a couple times over the past few years. There's normally an Isetta there. Don't remember seeing any other bmws.

Keith

zmuff

Yes | No

I spoke with one of the organizers of the car gathering about a year ago. They are more interested in the vehicles that are 30+ years old. I know for sure they'd like to see some classy 2002's if anyone has one. I may have to cruise over to VA Beach and check out the action.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I try to stop by every Saturday to see the cars.

You see a lot of hotrods with blown big blocks. I saw an old VW bug with a SB chevy under the hood (truck?), a beautiful Packard was there last week, several (Factory 5 and Superperformance) Cobra kit cars, GTOs, Mopar muscle, 60s Caddies, even a teenager with her Karman Ghia. Last year, I saw a (E21) 320 drag car with a 289. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a beautifully restored Yenko SC Camero with a new 502 under the hood.

There are always Vipers, current Mustangs and C4/C5 vettes, so they generally get more than just the old ones.

I'll be out of town the next two weekends (M-Day & TechFest East), but I'll walk through the following Saturday.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

rwok

Yes | No

Re: I try to stop by every Saturday to see the cars.

Too Bad the show starts so early. By the time I get off work and hoof it to Va.B. I'd get to see everyone leaving

Registered Member
    Member No: 32312 86_535i_VA is an unknown quantity at this point 86_535i_VA's Avatar

Yes | No

Back in the day, that used to be gathering at >M>

Genro's. But Genro's closed, I thought the meet had gone away. I used to go to it back in the early 90's/Dave

86 535i
    84 325e
    00 528i
    68 Ford XLGT
    Dave's BMW Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Two years ago, it was being held...

just down Independance Blvd at a parking lot between Old Witchduck and the street (at Hardees) which runs into Witchduck (sorry, I forget the name). Just follow the rods and custom cars into the parking lot behind the Dairy Queen.
    I did see one 320i drag racer a couple of years ago sporting a 289 Ford.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    88 M3

Chris

Yes | No

Its all about the hot rods at haygood on Saturday nights. I think that use bmw folks should try start somthing of our own. Or even start to meet on weekly or bi-weekly for a cruise of the area.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information