A bunch of the M5 guys had a dyno day at ACS racing in Hanover on Saturday. It was open to anyone so I went down and was followed by a buddy in an RS6. There were 10-15 M5's, my 540, Brian's black540, my mechanic Dan from Concord Motorsport had his supercharged 540 and there was a Viper Coupe too. A good time was had by all. Most of the M5's dyno'd between 325 and 355 rwhp with various modifications. The viper hit 391, but the sc'd 540 pulled 413rwhp and 1st place, everyone was duly impressed! Later on I tried to follow him north on route 3, but he just walked away from me.

I had a great time, met a lot of enthusiasts and learned alot, including the fact that my car had an intake leak and was running too lean. She still pulled 260hp, but Scott from ACS said she had another 15hp in her if she was running right. It turned out to be a loose clamp after the MAF housing and the o-ring was sucked out of place. (It's meant to be driven hard, right?)

Another event is being planned in a month or so, and if you missed it, you really should try to go and see what your car really has for horsepower.

Here is the link to the discussion and pictures let me know what you think.
Vinny

98 540i/6speed Arctic Silver/Grey
3.15 Diff with Quaife Limited Slip
Dinan Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, CAI, MAF
front strut brace, exhaust & stage 4 software
UUC short shifter, CDV deleted
AE halogens, clear sides, smoked celis tails

BMWCCA #322582