+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 104646 VIR-MD is an unknown quantity at this point VIR-MD's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone here ever go to Circle BMW in Shrewsbury?

Recently had my first BMW service experience in NJ. went to Circle BMW (and Chevrolet and Hyundai). The whole experience was horrible. The facilities are disgusting. The waiting room was a dingy little cubbyhole thrown in the corner of the garage. It was full of Hyundai and Chevrolet owners, and there wasn't even enough space for me to sit down. I had to wander around the nasty 1970's showroom. what a dump! I don't mean to sound elitist, but when you bring in a $76K car for service, you expect a little luxury in the surroundings (just check out Ray Catene Lexus/Jaguar service in Oakhurst).

More importantly, the service was not up to BMW standards. I have been to many, many dealers for service. This includes BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Acura, and others. I have lived un PA, NC, and NJ. I have never experienced such poor service from a luxury car dealer. They had the nerve to charge me $65 to reprogram the remote key options (a process that takes about 5 minutes). They said 1 hour for all the work (oil/filter change, air filter change, and reprogramming the options), it toook them 3. After I left, and had some more questions I called them and couldn't get a service advisor on the phone for the rest of the day. Left messages, nobody ever returned my call.

To top it all off, I got a follow-up call from the dealer, and wasn't home, so they left a message. I called back and got a machine, so I left a message. They never tried to reach me again. As a general rule, with all my other experiences, the followup call was so persistent that it bordered on being annoying. especially with Lexus, they don't stop trying to call you until they get you in person. These guys at Circle obviously aren't too interested to hear what their customers think.

Are all NJ BMW dealers like this?Dave F.
    Northern NJ
    '03 Sterling Grey ///M5

Registered Member
    Member No: 89671 MBkiller is an unknown quantity at this point MBkiller's Avatar

Yes | No

Try a different dealer...

Unlike Lexus, BMW service seems to vary significantly from dealer to dealer. The service at DeSimone in Marlton is excellent. They'd never charge me for something like reprogramming the car/key memory. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Service advisors are very knowledgeable. They pick up and drop off my car, and have even delivered parts to me at my office. Loaners are available if you schedule ahead or have an unexpected breakdown, and the loaners are comparable BMWs (my last loaner was a 745Li). Experience usually exceeds my expectations. Oh, and waiting area is very nice (wouldn't want you to have to mingle with Hyundai or Chevy owners, God forbid).

Registered Member
    Member No: 104646 VIR-MD is an unknown quantity at this point VIR-MD's Avatar

Yes | No

I will

Thanks for the info. My Brother in-law bought and services his 7er at diSimone. The problem is that it is over an hour from my house. I am going to give King BMW in Freehold a try next.

And about the Hyundai thing... I don't think it's unreasonable to expect nice surroundings and an upscale clientele when I bring a very expensive car in for service. This shoould be one of the perks for driving a luxury vehicle. It's not that I have anything against Chevy or Hyundai drivers. Have you ever brought a Caddy in for service at a multi-brand GM dealer? It's the same concept. Why do you think that Cadillac is only giving out franchises to dedicated Cadillac dealerships? To compete with the Lexuses and the MB's.Dave F.
    Northern NJ
    '03 Sterling Grey ///M5

JOEA2

Yes | No

Open Road gave me a run down dirty Mitsubishi

when I brought in my Z8. Nice treatment??

Registered Member
    Member No: 24443 LeDurt is an unknown quantity at this point LeDurt's Avatar

Yes | No

I hear JMK's pretty good

on Rt 22 in Springfield.

john1225

Yes | No

Re: I hear JMK\'s pretty good

Not only is JMK the best in NJ, I recenlty read an article that they're the best in the country. If I come across it, I'll post it.
    Their customer service deparment is second to none.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56907 jcx5 is an unknown quantity at this point jcx5's Avatar

Yes | No

Desimone is good

I use them as well. Did you know they will be moving in the near future? I think they are going to build a much larger dealership - and house both BMW and Cadillac. Further up (down?) Rte 73.

Registered Member
    Member No: 109313 JTFormula is an unknown quantity at this point JTFormula's Avatar

Yes | No

JMK is Very Good!

Yes, JMK is one of the best from what I have heard from many CCA members. I live near Circle BMW and the only thing I have gone to them for was parts. I can do most of the work on my car myself. They were not the friendliest when you present them a part number for a 27 year old Bimmer. I have not heard much good feedback about King BMW either from several employees that used to be there.

I would take the trip to JMK. They're also very good supporters of the club so I would see them for your next service. You might get a discount is you are a CCA member too.

Registered Member
    Member No: 35479 red01 is an unknown quantity at this point red01's Avatar

Yes | No

They are good for parts, but that's about it

Best service I've seen has been JMK in Springfield. Not that I've been to every NJ dealership, but they have a great reputation.
    The real couple is the car and the woman: Bettina Rheims

Dissatisfied with Parts Order
    Member No: Dissatisfied with Parts Order's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anyone here ever go to Circle BMW in Shrewsbury?

I had a very bad experience with ordering parts from these people. On May 18, 2005, I ordered the bike rack pictured on their website, but they sent me an entirely different bike rack instead without informing me of the change in the part. All bike racks are not the same. If I had known of the change, I would not have ordered the part. All they had to say was the part you want is not available or has been changed to another product. Also, it arrived damaged, which they want to now blame UPS. I don't know how it was damaged. I'm never ordering from them again.

Parts Order Update - Circle came through
    Member No: Parts Order Update - Circle came through's Avatar

Yes | No

Turns out the bike rack was not packaged properly and that caused the part to be damaged by UPS. I returned it to Circle and received a credit for the rack and for partial initial shipping. These guys are alright in my book.

Registered Member
    Member No: 66617 tixx is an unknown quantity at this point tixx's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I hear JMK's pretty good

JMK has a great service dept. CIRCLE BMW BLOOOWS

ejstfalls

Yes | No

They sent me home with my 540i and no coolant
    While the car was in for service they called me on the phone to tell me my car was leaking oil badly in several places, I answered the call in my garage where there wasn't a single sign of leakage.
    Can never go back there. To bad they are around the corner.

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 142045 pinkymd is an unknown quantity at this point pinkymd's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: JMK is Very Good!

JMK has been the only service center my original 1988 635 csi has ever seen.they treat my car as new and any request is not to small.

Registered Member
    Member No: 145304 schultz725 is an unknown quantity at this point schultz725's Avatar

Yes | No

I went there when I was looking for a car. I guess unlike you I did not look like I deserved special treatment. I probably looked like those "Chevrolet" owners you can't stand to be around. By the way, if you hate to sound elitist, try not to. I went to Open Road and was treated with respect and purchased my new car with no problems, it was actually a nice experience. I do well but come from humble background so I tend not to have an overinflated opinion of myself. I go to Circle for service since it is close to my office. The service center seems to be okay. I guess I am not used to posh car service centers, I don't need to be pampered while I am waiting for a car to be fixed or serviced. I focus more on the attitude of the people towards the customers. The sales people there should know that not everyone who can afford a BMW may try to impress people by the way they look. Some of the wealthiest people I know you would not know by meeting them on the street.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information