+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 75069 g57yle is an unknown quantity at this point g57yle's Avatar

Yes | No

WHERE CAN I BUY HEAD STUDS FOR THE 325I?

Either online or postall order bearing in mind that im based in the UK and does anybody know what kind of tightening sequence would i use because im still running standard head gasget and stretch bolts. im running a comfortable 10 psi at the mo but would like to run a minimum of 15 to 20 psi. would i need a msd or other fueling managment to run that? at the mo all i have is a cartech RRFPR.

Thanks in advance

G 57YLE MOTORSPORT inc

Registered Member
    Member No: 103360 TurboBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point TurboBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: WHERE CAN I BUY HEAD STUDS FOR THE 325I?

ARP head studs can be bought from Summit Racing. That's where I bought mines.

RRFPR are OK if you don't go over 5 or 6 psi of boost. Over that, you will have too much pressure in your fuel system. Danger of leaks and fire, plus, the injectors are not made to work at 100psi or so.
    Solutions range from adding a "Extra injector controller" like a SDS EIC to a full stand alone ECU which is very versatile, but a bit complicated to tune.

If you think rising the boost to 20 psi, o-rings may be a good idea.

Michel.

Registered Member

Yes | No

summit racing dont show 325i studs

and they only come in sets of 12. the m20 engine has 14 boltsThanks in advance

G 57YLE MOTORSPORT inc

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: WHERE CAN I BUY HEAD STUDS FOR THE 325I?

is there a link to the site with the hed bolts?Thanks in advance

G 57YLE MOTORSPORT inc

Registered Member
    Member No: 103360 TurboBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point TurboBimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: summit racing dont show 325i studs

I bought the kit #ARP-201-4603 wich is for the M50 6 cyl engine (BMW 325i). It uses the same bolts or studs than my 4 cyl M42 engine. There was 14 studs in the kit for the 6 cyl. My 4 cyl required only 10 so I got some spares.
    I don't know where you saw that there was 12 studs. They say 12 point nuts, which means that the nuts have 12 points :-) not 6 like a regular nut.

Take a look on ARP web site:
    http://www.arp-bolts.com/media/pdf_files/CH_22-26_33-35.pdf
    and give them a call. Check with your BMW dealer to know what is the diameter and thread pitch and length of your head bolts, then call ARP with these specs and they will tell you what kit you need.

That' what I did since my engine was not listed. They told me that the M50 6cyl engine shares the same bolts as my M42, so, I ordered the M50 kit, and it worked.

Hope this helps,
    Michel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information