+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Bay area BMW 7s meet on Sunday, May 23rd (linked)

Starting a sign up elsewhere for BMW 7s in the bay area on Sunday, May 23rd to do something. Information at the linked site only.
    Thanks
    .com/forums/posts/13907]Sunday, May 23rd BMW meet link
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

Never mind. The linked site is BANNED from roadfly

Contact me by email and note the change in my email name.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Bay area BMW 7s meet on Sunday, May 23rd (linked)

More info here at my cardomain page.
    My cardomain page link
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Tell me about your group.

Where do they generally meet? What does your group like to do? Are cars other than 7's invited? TIA.
    Viv
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Tell me about your group.

Viv,
    We started this in June/July of last year, right after buying my baby. I have 24 people on my bay area list from north, south, east and west SF bay area. Three meets so far started at 6 cars up to 13. We have not gone on a drive yet either Monterey or Napa are on the list to visit. Unlike the 3s and M3s I doubt we will hot foot it ( that much ;-) ). So far it has only been 7s but if you are in the mood to visit us I am sure you would be welcomed! Besides I need to see what a Saab trunk handle is all about and the pink panther.
    The updates will be posted at my cardomain site and the sign up list will be linked from there.
    So far it will probably be on the SF peninsula for lunch on Sunday the 23rd. Time to be decided but around 11am. It will also be a spouse and family thing. More forthcoming.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I\'ll watch for further information.

Hubby will be gone fishing that whole weekend, so maybe I should take a drive ;-) We'll see.

The trunk handle is wonderful. Now I don't have to touch the paint when closing the trunk. And the pink panther, well.... he's bee with me since '74. He lives on my rear-view mirror and keeps an eye out for the cops ;-)
    Viv
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

update May 15th

So far there is 4 to go. People may have spam filters on so I sent out another round of mail. Looks like the west bay at 11 or so place is yet to be determined.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

Choices for restaurants May 16th update.

As of today there are 6 or 7 set to go...somewhere. The restaurant choices are linked or we will travel to Monterey and find good eats there somewhere.

My Cardomain with the food info for you.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

And the meet will take place here @10:30am Sunday!

My cardomain with the directions to the restaurant.
    I have gone out on a limb and decided on this place, I hope you like it. If not we will have to change.
    Elephant bar restaurant in Burlingame just south of the airport.
    1600 Bayshore highway and Hinkley
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

The meet results.

Today at the Elephant bar in Burlingame good food was had and I announced the appointment of John Carey to the presidency. He did not decline the appointment, (which is a lifetime one) and he found out the results of the vote for presidency. He had one vote and no other competition.
    here are the attendees and my apologies if necessary.
    The Careys John (jcarey),Denise and Paige
    Peter Dayton (pd750)
    Mike Miro
    Dr. Damani Mitchell (docd)
    Dan Stegink (ChicagoE38) and Tammy?
    David Wiley (Dave (CA) 00 750iL) with all his wonderful stories
    Eric Wong (jareddad)
    Alex Guberman (AlexG) who gave all who wanted a chance to drive his 745i. We all marveled at some of the features of the car. AC seats, self closing doors, self opening trunk and what I thought was really beautiful the engine cover! Makes ours look real bad.
    Everyone found out my secret, I am shorter than I appear to be on the internet. :-(
    David Wiley won the raffle for garage junk. Dan Stegink had installed a Dinan exhaust system and had his old mufflers which David gladly took for his own project. Now they are part of his garage junk and has to explain it to Noel and that they really were "free".
    The view was nice except for the fact the tide was out and we saw a lot of mudflat. Naturally in my homage to "snakebitten" and the "newb" thread I don't own a digital camera and therefore I have no proof that this meet actually happened. So, you will just have to take my word on it!
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Yes | No

It\'s just not the same w/o pictures ;-(

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

haha congrats on a successful meet!

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

yah viv, but it\'s not our fault he can buy a nice

car and can't afford a digital camera ;[[[
    pictures are always good to have heh heh
    just kidding ibew!

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Yes | No

Heehee. I was just teasing him ;-)

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

For Ian...

Ian,
    you are right, it's not your fault. Some of the reasons I never went digital were, photo printer, image quality and I don't take that many photos until now. Now I have a color laser, the lenses of the digital cameras are outstanding now and there is the BMW group to share with. I was thinking of the Sony 717? with the Zeiss lens. Whenever I take photos I try to make them the best quality as I can. If you have never tried Wolf camera photo finishing try it, the quality of developing is great.
    Besides this computer stuff is scary. I am lucky if my computer boots up. Now cars are easy, drive them and pour money into fixing them.
    Now if I can only drive it more than 5k in a year I will be happy.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member

Yes | No

For Kevin

yup, digicams are going crazy lately
    with the canon EOS rebel and nikon's new digital slr
    i think it's time a lot of hardcore slr photographers are going to switch over with the capability of the cameras
    i honestly didn't like the sony's when i bought my canon s400
    mainly due to the lens
    not sure about it now, i bought my s400 7 months ago or so and i don't wanna look back ;)
    but it sounds like you want a 5+ megapixel camera
    i say go all out and get a 1000 dollar nikon
    my dad did, a little hefty but it can do so much more than my s400 in terms of artistic stuff
    point and shoot = little to no manual controls..
    maybe i should swap mine for his coolpix 5000
    GO DIGITAL!!!!!!!!!! ;]]]

88 528e Auto

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sony

One of the reasons I am looking at the Sony is the Zeiss lens. Either that or maybe go all out and do a Mamiya with a digital back. For that matter doesn't Contax have a digital either? I just want a excellent lens I have a little Yashica with a Zeiss lens that takes wonderful pictures.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information