+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

my lazy @$$ finally took pix of the head unit

sorry if this is a double (from the e28 forum)
    but if you guys are curious
    the pictures online don't do it justice
    resolution isn't awesome but it's not like i stare at it while driving heh heh
    have to figure out the custom made screensavers too...

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

NICE!!

Is that a Pioneer? I have a Pioneer receiver also. DEP-7200...one of the earliest Organic EL display models. I love it. I love how it stands out from the amber interior lights at night, but no in a tacky manner.

Did you do the wiring yourself? I may need to get a new receiver soon...dunno if it's acting up or my CD-burner is screwing up. I get this hiss sometimes from playing burned CDs...regular CDs bought at the store is fine, though.
    Ian

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

:) that means buy a new one the 860 is awesome

i opted with the premier version bcuz it gives you the 6.5 volt preouts instead of the pioneer 8500's 4 volt
    and it just makes sense to pay a little more to get it
    although cosmetically they look the same
    worked on it with a friend of mine
    wiring was pretty damn easy, there's no wiring harness for the e28 radio so he had to ghetto rig it.. he was a bit pissed about that =P
    but you're totally right, it doesn't look tacky...
    it's a nice suttle thing
    and once again STICK WITH PIONEER! you smart guy you! heh heh

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information