+ Reply to Thread
    Steve H

Yes | No

Stay away from John\'s Collision in Hyannis

They worked on my daughter's '87 528e (been in the family for 13 years) and we had lots of problems - they ordered the wrong parts, orange peeled paint, and wheel lug bolts torqued to over 400 lb/ft. The problem that really cooked me is that they slammed the hood on a tool and left three small dents - since I can't prove that they did it, they will not fix it. (They weren't working on the front end, and they said that they didn't have the hood open.....I have to wonder because the on-board computer and radio had lost power while it was it their possession).

If anybody knows of a good body shop near Sandwich, let me know (for future reference!)
    -Steve

Registered Member
    Member No: 111342 Z3TwoEight is an unknown quantity at this point Z3TwoEight's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Stay away from John's Collision in Hyannis

Cape Cod Collision, near the intersection of Willow Street and Route 28 in Hyanis. Best body and paint work I have seen anywhere.

Registered Member
    Member No: 85182 bugeye is an unknown quantity at this point bugeye's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm glad someone had good experience with them - maybe my experience was an exception...but I will never go back and have told as many people as possible to avoid them. The gal in the office is nice, but once your car is in the shop she turns very unfriendly.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111342 Z3TwoEight is an unknown quantity at this point Z3TwoEight's Avatar

Yes | No

Steve, we are talking about two different places. Cape Cod Collision has no girl in the office, they have a crusty old bugger named Stubby. He will be surly even before you bring your car in, but they do GREAT work.

Registered Member
    Member No: 19662 dshewett is an unknown quantity at this point dshewett's Avatar

Yes | No

You're right - two different places. I've heard good things about Cape Cod Collision lately.

anne

Yes | No

I have had my nissan fixed by John's collision twice now. Having used
    two other Hyannis area body shops in the past, I can honestly say that by comparison my experience with John's was remarkable. I was treated courteously and truly felt that they had the expertese to handle what was a horrible situation for me. The proccess was seamless - and I'm sure that's why John's was recommended to me by the dealership where I bought my nissan. The car has a three-stage pearl white paint and my insurance company's appraiser suggested that it was very difficult to match. He also added that if anybody could - "it would be John's." When I picked my car up I was amazed! My paint matched perfectly and they had totaly detailed my car at no extra cost.

I am sorry for your bad experience Steve, but i am a huge fan of John's collision. I have also learned (because my husband was in an accident with his Mercedes) that the Mercedes dealership, as well as many other dealers on cape, refers all of thier customers to John's.

TONY

Yes | No

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information