+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 15378 marke36 is an unknown quantity at this point marke36's Avatar

Yes | No

desperately need mechanic in Maryland

i am having big problems with my 97 328is,65,000miles, i had a vibration problem for a couple of months. it would happen at 1,000rpm and again at 1,800rpm. In gear or out of gear! at a stand still or moving. and now the clutch pedal went real soft and its hard to get the car moving,like the engagement point is way off. no fluid is visably leaking. so i replaced the engine mounts because a dealer and a shop said i should, it didnt help! , ALL fluids replaced and coolant flushed, like two weeks after i had that work done this clutch problem started. and the vibration problem is still there and my battery is now dead , i just bought the battery! its been sitting on the street for like a month and a half......
    i need a good shop i can trust to fix my car!!!!! please please help! the dealer around here suck!

i live in Severna Park Maryland, is near Annapolis and baltimore,glen burnie

Registered Member
    Member No: 24089 jimarnett is an unknown quantity at this point jimarnett's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: desperately need mechanic in Maryland

Well, if you want to come all the way up to Westminster, "International Cars" (410-876-7030) is the best I've ever seen.
    Good mechanics, reasonable prices, and they are 100% trustworthy. I have been dealing with them for nearly 20 years, and keep going back.
    They are the reason that we have so many high milage cars, and don't make any car payments!
    Jim Arnett
    87 535isa
    88 528e
    67 Cooper S
    74 MGB
    91 300ZX
    2000 Sienna
    95 Accord
    (I think that's all for now....:-)

Registered Member
    Member No: 14380 caylan is an unknown quantity at this point caylan's Avatar

Yes | No

Check this thread out for some direction

Tim Geraghty

Yes | No

Here's another option for you in Laurel. Executive Auto Services. He's done work for me in the past and is reasonable. Check the link below

http://www.princegeorgescountywebsite.com/executive.htm

acrolect

Yes | No

Re: Executive Auto Services left town

Sorry for the bad info; I drove my Z3 by there yesterday and Executive Auto Services is no longer in Laurel . Funny thing too- the place was always jampacked with business...

rob

Yes | No

sounds to me like a clutch/pressure plate problem-do you have a performance clutch by chance?-i could recomend bench mark motors in columbia,md. you can just 411 their number-used them b4 and they did a pretty good job and less$$$ rob 90m3,92ic,95 325is

Registered Member
    Member No: 78013 ldfshaft is an unknown quantity at this point ldfshaft's Avatar

Yes | No

The best place in maryland..........

Einsteins Motors 301-588-0499 The owner is a BMW Master Mechanic that left Passport because of their shady practices and I followed him. His Name is Gary and I have stayed with him because of his honest work that is fixed the first time. Tell him that Fitz sent you. Oh by the way his place is in College Park.

KW 90 735iL

Yes | No

Have heard the same about Gary - Great Shop

Dan in D.C. || 1987 635CSi 5spd ||
    Member No: Dan in D.C.  || 1987 635CSi 5spd ||'s Avatar

Yes | No

Dan Martin, Gaithersburg, or one of these...

bnl2002

Yes | No

Re: Dan Martin, Gaithersburg, or one of these...

I agree, I just went to Dan Martins for service and was very impressed. They will definitely be where I bring my car from now on. It might be a bit far for you to travel though. BTW, the labor is $75/hour.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information