+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 21292 e36fl is an unknown quantity at this point e36fl's Avatar

Yes | No

New Guy has a few questions please....

I just noticed this Forced Board, been surfing roadfly boards for months. Anyway, I bought my car already blown and modded from another guy. He had more money than tech knowledge so he really couldn't tell me much about the performance parts that he paid someone else "stealer" to install for him. The car has a Race Marque super charger kit with a vortec v2sq supercharger. Kit comes with chip, injectors, charger etc....Has a supersprint header and exhaust and bmp throttle body and K&N cone filter and a bunch of other stuff for the suspension and brakes. How much rwhp and torque is this puppy pushing??? As much as I hate to say it it's not really that fast and I keep losing to just about everyone I race, including my wifes e39 528i, just barely beat her auto. Now I know u really have to get this thing reving up high in the rpm range to make the charger blow hard to get max hp and torq but i don't normally get it over 5000. Am I a puss or what? I'm thinking that there may be something wrong as it doesnt feel that much more powerful than my n/a 325i. Anyone have suggestions?

92'325i/5 w/150k, black,m3 contours/shift knob
    94'325ic/5 w/73k, white,supercharger,bbs,supersprint,k&n
    97'528i/a w/75k, white, stock
    91'300zx 2+2,130k turbo spoiler

Hugo

Yes | No

No need to rev with a supercharger....

Do you have a boost gauge? If not, get one and if you do, note down reading per RPM at WOT. Sounds like you don't get any boost. Does the set-up have a by-pass valve? If you have, try blocking it. I've seen faulty ones wasting all boost.

Good luck,

Hugo

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: No need to rev with a supercharger....

No boost guage, how and where do u attach one? I don't think this setup has a bypass valve. I do believe i'm getting boost but not as much as I would think will all the mods etc....The guy I bought it from said it's running about 5 psi. the car pulls hard and smooth from 2500 to 5000 rpm and higher if i let it. I guess i'll have to find a place that can dyno it out to see what its actually running. Maybe i'm expecting too much from a 2.5L engine.

Registered Member

Yes | No

should i beat a benz clk430?

So far i've been beat by 2 mercedes clk 430s. I got the early lead on both but they came screaming by towards the end. Oh yea and a early model c4 vette got me too.....I'm afraid to even try a 5.0/4.6 mustang gt...maybe i should stay away from v8s.

Registered Member
    Member No: 30866 MDM is an unknown quantity at this point MDM's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes you need a boost gage to tell if the engine is

boosted. You can get one from any auto performance shop. It usually hooks up to one of the vaccumm lines off the intake manifold. If you rev the engine and it doesnt pass 0 bar then you have no boost. It could be a leak in the plumbing between the SC and T-body, faulty blow-off valve (as previously suggested) or something wrong with the SC itself. I dont know of too many Vortechs failing due to internal issues... unless the oil cooling line is blocked and the thing overheats. You should be putting down at least 250 RWHP based on what you said you have. You should have the car dynoed too to see what you are putting down.

If you are losing to a 528 you definitely have a problem. You just have to find out what it is. When I had my SC 93 325i I was running with plenty

Good luck.
    1997 BMW 540i 6spd
    1987 Porsche 928 S4 5spd
    1994 Mitsubishi Galant :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information