+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

tourist

Yes | No

looking for twisty roads

i'm visiting the london area 2 weeks hence and have arranged an Elise rental - can't wait to get behind the wheel!! I will collect it in Camden, and have it for the day - its a Monday, not weekend. So first thing will be to clear out of London traffic. Any recommendations on roads or areas to motor to would be greatly appreciated - the faster and twistier, the better of course!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

plenty!!!! im out by Heathrow.. so ...

have the 'twisties' around the Ascot, Wentworth, Virginia Water way which also has nice 'scenery' , historic towns and sights and all that stuff for when you need to slow down/fill up/stop etc!!
    Some of the roads i 'put me foot down' are around here..

Further afield, so long as you stay towards small villiages and towns, you'll find most roads are 'twisties'... so doesnt matter if your norff, souff, east or west of Central London really!

btw,Where are yer visiting from?

Dennis!! West London UK!!

tourist

Yes | No

Re: plenty!!!! im out by Heathrow.. so ...

thanks dennis - am visiting from the san francisco area. my daily driver is an M100, and have had rides in a 340R but haven't driven the Elise yet. Turns out that i need to be up in the Hemel area, so will find some roads out that direction.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hope you get a clear day with not much traffic!!

tourist

Yes | No

Re: Hope you get a clear day with not much traffic!!

i hear that from early evening onward Monday, the roads will be empty and fine for driving - something to do with Croatia...

UKPhil530dT

Yes | No

Re: plenty!!!! im out by Heathrow.. so ...

If you are going to be in the Hemel area beware! I drove from Hemel down through Chesham, Amersham and Beaconsfield last evening and on to Slough to avoid delays on the M4 and there were speed cameras everywhere. The main routes are bad news.

Registered Member

Yes | No

no danger of speeding in yer diesel!kidding..but..

i know how quick (relatively) those 3 litre oil burners are! my cousins just got himself a 330D .. absloutley wicked performance along with the economy of diesel!
    I live in Slough, and yeh lots of cameras around.. so gotta be careful!!!

I meant the 'twisties' away from the main A roads and along the small country lanes - theyre the best for driving quick if you know the roads...

Im on volvo v40 diesel power at the moment.. i lost my 95 525i Sport in january im still waitin for the damn insurance company to cough up for....

will be considering a 330D ... even a 530D and chipping it...

see how it goes!!

Cheers!
    Dennis!! Slough, West London!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information