+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 69267 cmd512 is an unknown quantity at this point cmd512's Avatar

Yes | No

FYI, this thread was discussed for a week.

I was trying to get BMW NA's attention by pointing out I was one of the first to actually discuss this issue in depth on here. What the hell does "BombayDuk had this issue earlier" have to do with what I was trying to accomplish?

And by the way, from what I've seen, you're never gone for a week.

Furthermore, you do not "lose points." This is not a contest. That's what I'm trying to make you understand. When you respond to someone (ME) who is trying to get assistance with a defect that this certain someone (ME) discussed heavily with other members on this forum.. and your response is nothing but useless drivel like "I had it earlier," everyone knows what you're trying insinuate.

Great, you had the problem before anyone else. What do you want, a cookie? So what's gonna make you happier? An award for being "the first"?... or a FIX FOR THIS ISSUE?

Try concentrating your energy on BMW NA next time... instead of pointing out useless facts that help no one.

BombayDuk

Yes | No

What's with the attitude?

My only point was that we discussed this issue as early as the summer of 2003 and that we had been waiting two years, not one, for the fix. I really don't give a damn who started the initial thread, only to point out the length of time that has passed, since it was initially discussed, without a fix.

Sorry if you think I was trying to steal your complaint. But you are being an idiot jumping on me by saying that it is useless drivel pointing out the length of time that has passed.

Thank you for keeping track of my comings and goings, but you really need to pay more attention; I have indeed been gone from this forum for more than a week at a time for trips at least a few times in the last year alone (couple week long cruises and a week in Vegas).

For the record, from what I have read here, BMW NA has responded to this issue on this forum, Murph has reported a fix is on the way to his dealership and should let us know soon, and Johhny Quest has also recieved news of a fix.

Your name is not unfamiliar to me; you often chime in on the steering issue and have jumped on me once before for stating my opinion on the percentage of owners with serious issues. So, other than to complain about the steering, do you ever have anything positive to say or contribute in some sort of positive manner to this forum?

Less attitude and more positive input goes a long way for making the forum a happy place.

As for the award for first reporting the steering issue, I don't want it and never asked for it. Does that make you happy? It's all yours and always has been as you invented the idea. It's your story and you can tell it any way you want; say you first mentioned in the summer of 1999, I don't care.

I just ask you to, please, stop being such a jerk to others here.

Registered Member

Yes | No

If you're going complain about my posts

towards you not being "rosy," then I must also complain your posts have NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU'RE REPLYING TO.

Listen, you are obviously slow... so I'll reiterate my complaint about your post. I posted something along the tune of "I one of the first to discuss this issue in depth on here... where is my rack?" to BMW NA. You, being the "Mr. Informative postive contributor" that you are always are... responded with only "I had this issue way before then."

So, tell me again, WHAT EXACTLY DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MY POST?... which was, by the way, directed to BMW NA? Exactly... NONE WHATSOEVER. So, what good does that do ME when I am trying to get BMW NA's attention?

Exactly, NONE WHATSOEVER.

So, thank you very much for responding with useless information that:

1) Had nothing to do with the post you're responding to.
    2) Helps out the poster who your responding to NONE WHATSOEVER.

Either you're an idiot... or you were trying to establish you had this problem even before me and have not received a fix. Neither of which... I give a damn about.

Move along, not all of us are stupid enough to buy your lame excuses.

BombayDuk

Yes | No

Obviously, I gave you more credit than you deserve

You have no idea how to be courteous and, apparently, are incapable of understanding the point of my original post (even though I reiterated the point twice again); eastablishing that the problem was discussed a year earlier. A timeline to a problem is certainly important. Pretty plain, pretty simple, yet, quite obviously, beyond your comprehension.

And, evidently, you have mistaken this forum as your personal direct line to BMW NA. Just a clue; you are responding to another post here, not to BMW NA. What sort of omnipotence you must have to suppose that BMW NA comes here just to read your posts. If you, as you are saying, want to contact BMW NA, their address is:

BMW of North America, LLC
    300 Chestnut Ridge Road
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731

This is a forum of people that own or have interest in a Z4. See how this works is that we post things that may interest other members. They may or may not be directly related to our cars, but we try to be informative, entertaining, or inquisitive in nature.

You label me "Mr. Informative postive contributor" which evidently offends you. I look at this as being helpful, which is what I am trying to be. I guess it is my nature.

Obviously, by nature, you must be (to take one from ducks) some sort of dickweed. You take offense at the very purpose of this forum; a collection of posts by individuals along topic lines. Sometimes those threads wander from the original post, but that doesn't hurt anyone, and only immature idiots would take offense.

So run along now and write a letter to BMW NA or go cry to your mommy.

Registered Member

Yes | No

And you obviously think you run this forum.

Listen, you don't need to tell me what is considered proper etiquette on here. Unless I'm spamming or harassing people, I'm not breaking any forum rules.

Furthermore, I don't recall addressing you. YOU addressed me with absolute garbage. So, do me the favor I did you long ago... by not talking directly to your lame nosy a$$.

I know this is not a direct line to BMW NA, you moron. But BMW NA does read these forums, posts responses, and sometimes do contact people because of posts on here. Don't act as if you don't know this... because you do. You're simply trying to still sound like you have a point.

Give it up. You don't run this forum and everyone that's had this issue don't care if you had it first. Now, run along and try to get attention elsewhere.

FM

Yes | No

Re: And you obviously think you run this forum.

All this because he said:

"Actually, I brought up this subject 2 years ago And still waiting for the solution?"

When you said "You don't run this forum," you were right.

But then neither do you.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Oh... and here come his forum "bros"

Listen, what would you assume if you were trying to get BMW NA's attention with an issue that you and several other members discussed in detail... and some user you weren't even addressing interjects "well I had this issue way before you did."

Exactly. Stop being a kiss a$$ and realize your friend was being a prick. Now, go back to licking his boots.

Registered Member

Yes | No

You're not a moderator, leave other users alone.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I personally doubt it

From the way BMW NA handles things, I seriously doubt it. Case in point.

My car was a 05/2003 delivery. At that time, the EML/defective wiring harness issue was already well known and there was a bulletin out on it already with in BMW.

However, my car was still installed with a defective wiring harness and went dead on the highway.

I think the lag between service and production line at BMW isn't as streamlined as we would like to think. According to Dave, these "new and improved racks" don't even have part numbers yet. The chance that they'll cut them into 2005 models is slim at best.

BombayDuk

Yes | No

You just never learned to play well with others

Neither of us own this forum, but you actually believe you can tell others what to think and say. You actually take offense that there are people here that try to be helpful. What a fool. You're right and the rest of the world is wrong. Wow, that is mature.

Try to be helpful rather than an a$$hole.

BombayDuk

Yes | No

There you go again

Thinking you have the right to tell others what to do. Do you wear a sign that says "Fool?"

At least I pointed out that the subject was being discussed just a day earlier in a different thread, and encouraged using that rather than dig up a thread over a year old that contained information that was outdated in some ways.

There is a difference between being helpful and being an idiot. You label me "Mr. Informative postive contributor," so that makes me the former. Guess that leaves you as being #2. Just so you know your position in life.

Registered Member

Yes | No

And how exactly were you helpful?

At least if you were man enough, you would have the balls to step forward and admit you were just trying to tell me to "be quiet because you've had this issue longer and you still don't even have a fix yet."

But, you're too much of a wuss to admit to it... especially when you're lame attempt at crapping on someone's post got pointed out.

Give it a break... your good sumaritan crap isn't fooling anyone. What's sad is you think people actually buy your little charade.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Oh... so you were "nicely" telling someone

what to do. You're so moronic it's laughable.

Either you are the most bored person on the face of this planet where you must fill your time by pointing out every little nuance on a message forum... or you really feel a need to fulfill that sick desire to have authority for once in your life.

Again, you're not a mod. Stop trying to be one, lamea$$.

be

Yes | No

Lose the attitude, be helpful or be gone OK

You've got to be the crankiest person I've seen on this forum. This forum is full of helpful, fun Z4 owners. Go vent somewhere else.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I am not venting, I was leaving BMW NA a message

I am not the first... NOR will I be the last... to vent to BMW NA. Many people have posted along the tune of "BMW NA, FIX THIS PROBLEM!" or "BMW NA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

My question for you is... why do people like you and BombayIdiot feel the need to forum patrol? Was I talking to ANY of you? No. If you had anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add, I would be thanking you instead of telling you to buzz off and mind your own f*cking business.

If you look at the very first two posts in this thread that BombayMoron pretty much crapped on, you will see only one forum violation taking place: him crapping on a thread I began.

Get a grip on reality... and good luck "getting rid of me."

FM

Yes | No

Re: Oh... and here come his forum

"Now, go back to licking his boots."

I think you have some anger management issues you need to resolve.

Don't you think that is a bit of an over-reaction?

Registered Member

Yes | No

This is not the first time this guy has stuck his

nose into a conversation to insinuate things and make snide comments.

I will explain this to you plainly... so that you are crystal clear and don't use some lame excuse as "oh my, what temper."

This always happens on message forums once the forums start maturing. This is also when a message forum starts going downhill. Once the "regulars" get settled in, they start feeling like they have the right to go around and start "policing" the forums and doing just about anything they want.

Yes, once you have been on a discussion board for a while, you start feeling a sense of camaraderie with members that have been there as long as you have. But you need to keep in mind, there are always other members that do not frequent the board as much or are simply new and would like to join in the conversation somehow.

Your "pal" is someone fitting this exact description. I have seen him make snide comments on several occasions and gone around leaving notes to members like "please do a search before posting." You know, I don't recall the message board rules stating "regulars should help keep the forum tidy and efficient!"

So what if a user asks a question in an older thread? And be realistic, you know EXACTLY what he was insinuating when he left that response to my initial post in this thread. You would have to be a blind fool not to.

Face it... he's obviously so lonely dimwit who has found a home amongst fellow enthusiasts and now feel like he needs to go around and swing his nuts around. Get a grip on reality... it's a discussion forum... it's not your life. If you feel like you need to go around playing janitor, cop, or d*ckhead commentator by leaving unrelated snide responses, you probably need a life.

Don't condone his actions just because he's a regular. You know exactly what he's been doing... the more you condone nonsense like this, the more you push this roadfly Z4 board to becoming one of those "only regulars attending" forums. Nothing but downhill after that.

One big urinal mint truth pill to swallow. Enjoy.

FM

Yes | No

Re: This is not the first time this guy has stuck his

"nose into a conversation to insinuate things and make snide comments. "

As Bart would say, "Don't have a Cow Man."

Regardless of his prior issues with you, your remark about me "licking his boots," as a response to what I posted, was totally out of line, inappropriate, and clearly shows you have a problem.

Frankly, there is NO place for such phrases in the conversations of people over the age of ten.

Period.

Registered Member
    Member No: 85295 hallatauer is an unknown quantity at this point hallatauer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Make it nine

It's at the service department now. I'll post up their response tomorrow.Dan with a blue dot
    2003 Z4 3.0i SMG Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    2003 X5 3.0i Steptronic Silver/Black Leather

GARY

Yes | No

Re: Steering Problems (the continuing saga)

I JUST GOT BACK FROM A 4 HOUR ROAD TRIP DOWN RT 95 RI/CT. ON THE WAY DOWN THE TEMP WAS 59DEGREES . THE WAY BACK SAY TEMPS IN THE MID 60'S.
    I AGREE WITH ALL THE POSTINGS, MY 2003 Z4 BEHAVED VERY BADLY ON THE WAY BACK. AT SPEEDS ABOVE 60 MPH THE STEERING SEEMED LOCKED IN A TRACK, AS THE HIGHWAY CURVED ITTOOK NOTICIBLE EFFORT TO TURN THE WHEEL,CAUSING THE ENTIRE CAR TO JERK LEFT OR RIGHT. BEFORE CALLING THE DEALER ITHOUGHT I WOULD CHECK THO SEE IF THIS WAS COMMON. I'M GLAD TO SEE I'M NOT ALONE.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A FIX YET??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information