+ Reply to Thread

Thread: work

rwok

Yes | No

work

Man I hate working on my own stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 44044 rob_ace is an unknown quantity at this point rob_ace's Avatar

Yes | No

that is terrible man, it should be a gratifying

experience. you should be able to save massive money, and know the job was done right. we were just starting a discussion on the E36 lounge that is sure to spark opinion this week. if you are incapable of performing simple tasks due to tool limitations, or knowledge limitations, that can be fixed by spending the money you were going to give the shop, on tools and bentley/haynes/chilton books. they last forever. it's alot more rewarding than shelling out the money to a mechanic/shop. with them, you wind up getting your starter fixed for 225$, and no knowledge of how to do it if it ever happens again. my method gains you a set of tools, a book that explains repairs for everything from top to bottom-front to back, and you only spent 125$. there are limitatins, and i pay for repair when it is beyond my scope, but if you pay someone 80 dollars to install a stainless exhaust on an E36, you really have more money than time. just my opinion.
    BMW CCA#187148
    01 Vmax (Vmoa #1480)

rwok

Yes | No

Re: that is terrible man, it should be a gratifying

well I agree with you to some extent but in my case it is a little differant for you see I work on BMW's for a living so tool etc are simply an irrevelance. After swinging wrenches mon. through fri. the last thing I want to do is replace all the hydrolic lines on the power steerins sys. on my E-24 on a sat when I should be out driving it!
    My Wife is tired of hearing me say I hate working on my own stuff so I figured I would share some of my venting with ya'll

Registered Member
    Member No: 44044 rob_ace is an unknown quantity at this point rob_ace's Avatar

Yes | No

i misunderstood your position.

gets a bit monotonous when you do it for a living. i'll keep your name in the back of my head in the event i need some advice, or to bother you on your day off. hehe
    BMW CCA#187148
    01 Vmax (Vmoa #1480)

Bill Rowe

Yes | No

Re: work

Where do you work, c'ville area as I recall? I'll be moving to Madison in Jan '05. There will be 3 years warently on my Z4, so the question is do I chane dealers? Currently I'm using BMW of Arlington. After that I will be looking for a shop.

rwok

Yes | No

Re: i misunderstood your position.

not much of a problem If you have a tech question either post it or e-mail me at [email protected]

rwok

Yes | No

Re: work

if you are happy with your current dealer relationship I would not recomend changing. good service and trust are not to be taken lightly and I know are hard things to find in todays society.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information