+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 24687 jmusubi is an unknown quantity at this point jmusubi's Avatar

Yes | No

AZ: Euro Car Meet, Round 2: Thursday, July 1st

In-N-Out Burger on I-10 & Ray (or more like the NW corner of Priest & Ray)
    7pm Thursday, July 1st, 2004

We had an awesome turnout last time where 65+ cars showed up. Not sure if anyone had an accurate count of cars...but there were +40 VW\'s, 17 BMWs, and 8-9 Audi guys. Also, there are no worries of attracting bad attention from the local police because a chandler police officer did pay us a quick vist @ the last event and he didn\'t mind one bit that we were having this relatively big gathering.

hope to meet some new (new-to-me :) ) bmw owners,
    jbob_____________________
    Tricord's E21 site rocks!: e21.tricord.cjb.net
    E21's on Bimmerforums.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

gotta miss this one too. :-( Dang-it!

Going to Dallas to pick up a 53,000 mile 88 M6, this is the one I wanted to begin with, it has the grey interior.

Let me know when you guys are doing this again!!

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: gotta miss this one too. :-( Dang-it!

another M6? awesome!
    lol, so what\'s going to be happening to your current M6? (track-car? :D )

Expect the next Euro Meet to be on Thursday, July 15th (location is TBD)...also, if you can, checkout that new website: azbmw.org

-Jason_____________________

Registered Member
    Member No: 91601 m_and_msix is an unknown quantity at this point m_and_msix's Avatar

Yes | No

Track car?? heavens no...only 58K mi.

I'll be changing the wheels, strut brace, and nology wires over to the "new to me" M6 and selling the one with the tan interiorand 58K miles.
    The very close to perfect body, engine compartment and grey interior plus having only 53,600 miles made the trip to Texas worth it. No trailer queen, but that isn't the idea anyway.

Cheers,

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Registered Member

Yes | No

cool!

geez....i think i saw ur M6 once @ the pavillions car show, and i thought that was mint! :) what color is the \'new\' M6?

btw, how much are u looking to sell your \'old\' M6 for? :D

too bad u can\'t make the meet tomorrow evening, i would love to see your \'new\' M6...and i don\'t think i\'ve ever seen one w/ gray interior._____________________

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: cool!

That was me at the pavillions. The tan interior car is mint, but the one from Texas (grey interior) is even nicer, especially under the hood, cleaner cast aluminum parts.

If I hadn't had 6 cars in the last 10 years with tan interiors I'd just keep the one I had and not even bothered with the Texas car. I really needed a change and the Texas car was the one I had origanlly put a deposit on back in October 2003, he changed his mind then and sent my deposit back. When he decided to sell again he emailed me and the bidding started. So this is a car I new of, and wanted.

As for the one with the tan interior and 58K miles, I'm thinking of starting at $23,500, with the original TRX's. I'm swapping out the HRE wheels.

Keep me posted as to future get-togethers.

Thanks,

Mark in Mesa, AZ.

Registered Member

Yes | No

WOW, what a great turnout!

one of my buddies counted 70 cars at around 8:30pm, and there were still people trickling in.

This meet was a lot more diverse too....there were a coulple benz\'s (one was a c32 amg), a few porsches (all 996\'s i believe....two were 996tt\'s), a cool group of mini cooper\'s showed (one was an old school RHD mini), and pretty much the whole Evolution Motorsports staff was in attendance.

The Bimmer\'s were also out in force...a bunch of e46 m3\'s, e36 m3\'s (one had a dinan blower on it), my lonely e21, a nice e32 735i, and last but definately not least, an Alpina Z8!!

only a few of us went to f1 race factory, but it was still all good fun (we had the whole track to ourselves)

i\'m still waiting for more people to post some pictures of this event...but here are a few okay pics my friend took:
    a few pics from the July 1st Euro meet_____________________

Registered Member
    Member No: 102468 jawz is an unknown quantity at this point jawz's Avatar

Yes | No

Quite a turn out! Nice job. I didn't catch ,,,

the part where you went to the F1 race factory. Did you go there after the get together? What's the track like?

I'm the old guy with the Alpina and would have joined the additional festivities if I had known. Maybe at a future event. Keep me posted or drop a line.
    Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Quite a turn out! Nice job. I didn\'t catch ,,,

lol, yeah, i\'m sure i was one of many who were drooling around the alpina z8.

yeah, a few of us left around 8:45 to go to F1 Race Factory...I was under the impression that they closed @ 9pm, but they actually don\'t close until 10pm. not many people went, only 5 other people from the Euro meet.
    I was a little hesitant to go to F1 race factory because everyone was still hanging out @ the meet.

they have two tracks @ F1, altho IMO the left track is better. i only did one race, and i was a little dissapointed because my kart was a little deffective...i couldn\'t get full use of the brakes because everytime i pushed it, the throttle cable was also pulled (so on the couple parts of the track that i needed the brakes, i had to brake early or fly into the turn tooo fast). but it was still fun! :)

btw, future Euro meet & local bmw meet & drive info will be posted @: http://azbmw.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=2
    expect the next Euro meet to be on July 15th.

-Jason_____________________

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sorry I missed the follow-on activities.

Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

Registered Member

Yes | No

Double post! Sorry I missed the follow-on

activities - Not to mention hitting the Enter key too soon!! Anyway, sounds like you guys had some good fun. I can't make the meeting on the 15th, but I'll keep an eye out for the your postings. Keep up the good work Jason and Thanks again!
    Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

Williamwestfall

Yes | No

Re: Quite a turn out! Nice job. I didn't catch ,,,

you mean this car?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yep - that's the one. Nice pic BTW!!

This was the first time I attended one of these get togethers, so I parked off to the side at first. Didn't want to be in anyone's way.
    Black/Crema
    2003 Alpina #480

Registered Member
    Member No: 77528 alpinac1 is an unknown quantity at this point alpinac1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: WOW, what a great turnout!

jbob, re. "my lonely e21" - i'll bring my e21 323i out one of these days after the paint job is finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information