+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 16511 e39bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point e39bimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

Need advice on No. CA travel plans

Family (wife and 5 month old and I) plan on traveling up to nothern CA in september spending a few days in each location starting in LA (family in Lancaster) up to Santa Barbara then Carmel/Pebble Beach then Sonoma Valley then Redwood forest area.

Is you place anywhere's near this route? Any suggestions on nice places to stay?
    Dean
    98 528/5
    M-Tec front Bumper, M5 rear lip spoiler, M5 grills, 6000K Euro HID Angel Eyes, 6000K HID fogs, Celis LED Rears, Clear Corners, Bilstein Sport Shocks, H&R Sport Springs, RD Front Strut Brace, Dave Z CDV delete, Rogue SS, Purple Syntex & Tranny Mounts, AutoT chip, RevHigh Carbon Fiber CAI, 50% tints, Style 19 wheels

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry no hints. Try csaa.com

Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

Here are my advice

When going up to Santa Barbara, stay the hell away from Isla Vista...too many college students from UCSB crowding that town, roaming the streets in a alcohol-induced haze. Otherwise, SB is a beautiful town no matter where you go. The 101 is pretty much the fastest way to get from LA to SB, and it's a pretty drive, too.

Carmel by the Sea is also beautiful as well. There are a lot of Bed and Breakfast places up there. IMO, it's the only way to enjoy Carmel. The innkeepers should know Carmel pretty well. If you have time, take a drive on HWY. 1 (PCH).

I don't kow much about Sonoma, but if you're going to Sonoma for wine tasting, you'll have a good time. A lot of my friends have been there before and they all had fun. I've been in Napa twice. If you're in Napa, you'll have to stop by the Coppola Winery.
    Ian

gman1008

Yes | No

Re: Need advice on No. CA travel plans

Wine Country Inn / St, Helena is very nice!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information