+ Reply to Thread
    andm99

Yes | No

One Series observations...

Just throwing this out to see what others think/feel on the topic. I just watched the full video of the BMW 1 series that is linked by the "Cool Flame: The Game Series." My thoughts after watching the video seem to be that BMW is aiming to market the 1er as a more laid back and relaxed BMW.

The car is more about having a comfortable compact car than it is having a true compact class performer. This just strikes me as a bit odd that BMW, who seems to to pride itself on having the perfect blend of comfort/ luxury and sportiness, is taking an almost Mercedes Benz marketing approach. Don't focus on the engine or the drive dynamics but focus on the looks it will receive or how easy it is to drive. Thats just my observation from the video.

My only problem with this, and I feel others share a similar perspective, is that maybe the 1er won't be a true 2002tii successor. I know people for years have wanted a small BMW that was easily tossable and sporty yet very capable as a daily driver without much compromise. From my observations it just feels that maybe BMW is taking a different and possibly unfortunate route of trying to appeal to a more luxury and comfort-driven consumer. Its just a bit odd to see BMW have a chance to play the "2002tii heritage card" yet its not in favor of a more luxurious appeal.

Keep in mind these are just superficial observations and I've had no contact with an actual E81 yet.
    Thoughts, comments, opinions?

Lars

Yes | No

Have you read any of the reviews?

If you haven't, I suggest reading them. Then you will know. So far everyone that has reviewed the car loves it, ok, not the styling, but the driving. But even the styling grows on you, and me.

andm99

Yes | No

true

I've seen more and more pics of tne 1er and the more I see it, the more I like it.

Dave330ci

Yes | No

Re: true

I'm waiting for a 130i coupe or M1 (M2?) before I give it thumbs up or down...

andm99

Yes | No

If we got an M1 I'd make that my next car...

However, I saw pics of the new 1er's aerokit floating around of the bmwm5.com forum and the M kit looks really funky. It's got cheap plastic slapped on all over the body and looks a bit cheap. When I see an M car it better look imposing, not cost-cutting.

Pics here:http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spy-shots-2004/B/bmw-1-series-mdesign/1-series-mdesign.html

Courtesy of BMWm5.com Forums

badman1126

Yes | No

Looks kinda ghetto...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information