+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 28989 motordavid is an unknown quantity at this point motordavid's Avatar

Yes | No

Any experiences/opins of Hendrick BMW in+

Charlotte? It\'s almost 3 hrs for me, but the \"local\" dlr, 45 mins away, Fletcher is truly suspect, and Century BMW, an hr and change, down in Spartanburg,SC is foo-foo full of themselves and barely adequate,imo. Have rotor(s)/control arms prob w/X5 that neither dlr can \"replicate, nor diagnose\", and tired of the dlr bs here in hillbillyheaven. Under Maint&Warr, but I need to get this situ recitfied. Any opins of Hendrick, or other ideas, are welcome. Thanks,& BR,mdDavid
    In HillbillyHeaven @ 5K ft elev. overlooking Waynesville,NC
    '01 X5 3.0 5Spd, Sport,etc. Tit.Silver
    '02 VetteVert 6Spd Z51 suspension
    '03 Honda CR-V (aka "theFridge" 4 TheMissus)
    '87 Honda Hurricane 1000
    '90 HD Heritage "Soft?"Tail
    '94 Honda GW Aspencade
    '75 HD Shovelhead (sitting in bro'n'law's garage)

Registered Member
    Member No: 31021 THRILLZ is an unknown quantity at this point THRILLZ's Avatar

Yes | No

I have always been super pleased with Hendrick

BMW - my Hendrick dealership is in Charleston - and I bought my '01 z3 from them - and just recently my '04 z4 and they've done all the service and maintenance on both.. Totally professional and always has gone the extra mile! You should be very pleased!!THRILLZ
    2004 z4 - 2.5i Sterling Grey/Beige/Black
    Wood Trim
    Steptronic/Foglights/Xenons/REAR GLASS WINDOW :-)
    GPS
    Premium Package

Registered Member
    Member No: 113364 andybee is an unknown quantity at this point andybee's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I have always been super pleased with Hendrick

Lee

Yes | No

I have been there Waaaaay to many times over the years for service and 3 years ago I would have said - plan on 3 visits to get the primary problem fixed, and a 4th to get your nicked dash, cut seat, or scratched radio face repaired. But in recent years they have been much more effective.

That said, they always get me in quick, prices are reasonable - they give CCA discounts on parts, and they always treat me well.

I've got an appointment next week as a matter of fact to try to figure out why my x5 likes to ping the rev limiter before shifting...

Good luck

Lee
    01 X5 4.4
    98 540/6
    96 RR 4.0

retired
    03 540/6
    00 540/5
    99 M3/4
    97 M3/4
    89 M6
    87 635

Registered Member
    Member No: 25117 andrew9682 is an unknown quantity at this point andrew9682's Avatar

Yes | No

Have always had great luck with the e46 t there

Charlotte, NC
    AIM ID: Andrew9682

Ratt

Yes | No

The parts guys here in Charleston seemed rude.

Im a 19 yearold kid who drives a 1994 BMW 325is. I walked in with part numbers for a control arm, and a few interior pieces. The parts guy treated me like I knew nothing about my car. Ive been around BMW's sense I was 13, and If I didnt Enlist in the Navy, would more then likely be a BMW tech right now.

I dont know if it was just that one guy, But Honestly If I dont have to, I wont be going back down to Hendricks for anything.
    Andy

Registered Member
    Member No: 138815 Biggie330i is an unknown quantity at this point Biggie330i's Avatar

Yes | No

I have dealt with them in the past purchasing 3 BMW's from them over a 6 year period from the Charlotte location. The salesman may be nice but the service I received was less than what you would expect to get from a BMW dealer. I might purchase from them, but I would certainly not use them for service!!!!!

Big Dog

Yes | No

Hendrick is a good dealer and has some great

techs that are really sharp. The only downside is getting there, Independence Blvd. in Charlotte is a nightmare. If you're coming in from the west you might want to allow some extra time, traffic is a bear.

Registered Member
    Member No: 113307 lassity is an unknown quantity at this point lassity's Avatar

Yes | No

Agreed, Indep. is a nightmare. But other than that

*Maria*
    1998 528iA Canyon Red Metallic/tan
    mods in progress...

JMB 98E38 Owner

Yes | No

Re: Any experiences/opins of Hendrick BMW in+

I live in Charlotte, and have used the Hendrick BMW Service Department a couple of times. They were very good about getting my car scheduled (without a prior reservation) and getting the work done quickly. The poeple in the service area are all very professional and friendly. Prices are not out of line with any other BMW Service Department. I will definitely continue to use them for any repair that I can handle myself, as well as recommending others to do the same.

Mike Baskin
    1998 E38 Owner

SoutheastX5

Yes | No

I've had good luck so far. I arrange a lot of things with them via email and everything is ready when I arrive. Going on the 24th for full service.

SoutheastX5

Yes | No

Another perfect service appt at Hendrick today. Had 30,000 mile Inspection I completed plus a brake flush, wipers, and a couple other things. They could not have been nicer to me or my car. No charge at all, but I stopped by the parts dept and picked up some nice winter rubber mats. Overall, an A+ experience.

Registered Member
    Member No: 121317 SurfsideZ is an unknown quantity at this point SurfsideZ's Avatar

Yes | No

I have used both Hendrick locations for service. The Charlotte location I do not use any longer but that is only due to using the Hickory location. Same great service and about the same distance from home but much quicker to get to. A+

M635 Augsburger

Yes | No

Hendrick's wont touch my M6, of course it was after I told them what was under the hood; Electromotive TEC II, Shrick, JE, Crower, Moldex, etc., but 'ol Steverino in GA will take care of me.

Andy
    85M635
    87M6

Registered Member
    Member No: 90128 Socom is an unknown quantity at this point Socom's Avatar

Yes | No

Try and Dealerships in Atl?

03' ZHP , Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Xenons , Moonroof

Registered Member
    Member No: 16916 mscottblanchard is an unknown quantity at this point mscottblanchard's Avatar

Yes | No

I think this link is funny. Why would anybody take his or her car to Hendricks BMW, Charlotte, for out of warranty work? I'm scared to take it to them for under warranty issues. If there's a service bulletin, I'll have to find it online and take it to them to get them to complete the work. They are a typical BMW stealership. Their goal is out the door and 5 stars. If they don't re-create the problem the first time, it's out the door. Anybody who says anything else has to work for them or maybe it's their 1st BMW and they haven't taken it to them more than once. In Charlotte, we have a local independent shop that has a former Turner Motorsports Race mechanic. Anybody who actively participates in the local CCA chapter and especially any driver schools only uses the independent show.

And who said cheap. The hour rate is up to $125 last I checked.

I'm not talking bad all the service advisors or mechanics, just the management. There is one mechanic I like; there was he but he just left. When it has to go and I mean HAS to go, major warranty, he's the only person who will touch my car.

Check out the other BMW forums and ask around.

Registered Member
    Member No: 155507 trippo is an unknown quantity at this point trippo's Avatar

Yes | No

Asheville area BMW service

I am near you, in Asheville NC. I drive an E28 M5 and I couldn't agree more re: pathetic service at Fletcher BMW. I have had my car locally serviced since 1994 by an independent shop, Precision International, with good results.

Another local independent who I have never dealt with, but have heard nothing but good things about from others, is Joyner BMW. Both are listed in the Asheville phone book. I have no affiliation or interest with either business.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information