+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 13530 rbaran is an unknown quantity at this point rbaran's Avatar

Yes | No

Can any one reccomend a shop?

Looking for a good, qualified independent shop in the NW NJ area , Morris, Sussex or Passaic counties specifically. Your input is appreciated.

Registered Member
    Member No: 46604 AGS is an unknown quantity at this point AGS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Can any one reccomend a shop?

I can recommend 2 good shops, both of which I've used before. Specialized Autocraft in Chatham fixed a dent & scratch in the rocker panel of my revious E39 (2000 540i6) that came out looking like factory work. Jeff Davis is the owner of the shop. I've also used Rose City Collision in Madison. Pete Daniels is the owner. My first car was a 1978 Mazda RX-7 and Pete rebuilt the body behind all 4 wheels where it had rusted out. Both these guys are honest and do great work. They also both have (or had) beautiful show cars to showcase their work. Jeff rebuilt a late '60's Corvette and Peter restored a 1955(?) Chevy. A third shop that I've never used personally but have heard good things about and seen some of their work is Chatham Collision Repair.

Hope this is helpful.AGS
    2003 M5
    Sterling Grey/Black-on-Black

Registered Member

Yes | No

Was actually looking for a mechanic, shop/garage. Sorry I didnt state that in my post. thanks for the info just the same. good to know about the ones you mentioned.

Registered Member
    Member No: 46604 AGS is an unknown quantity at this point AGS's Avatar

Yes | No

There's a shop in Morristown called Eurcocar. It's on old 24 (Mendham Road) just past Burnham Park. I've never had any work done there but a number of BMW E39 owners have said good things about it.

AGS
    2003 M5
    Sterling Grey/Black-on-Black

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks, I am going to check them out. Need a good mechanic shop as I believe I am in need of a head gaset replacement. Appreciate the reply.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information