Results 1 to 20 of 25
Thread: E38 won't start, won't crank
07-08-2004 11:29 AM #1
- Northbrook, IL, United StatesMember No: 79217
- Join Date
- Jun 2003
- Rep Power
E38 won't start, won't crank
I've had this happen twice before. My 1996 740 won't start, and it won't crank. Has anyone else figured this out yet?
Here's what I know:
- The battery was strong last time I checked (recently)
- The ignition switch was changed after the first no-start, but it didn't solve the problem.
- The first two times it happened after I left the key in the ignition, this time the key was out.
- All three times it occurred after sitting only a short time (~30 minutes)
- I bought the car used a year ago, so I'm not certain of its history
I know others have also had this problem -- has anyone figured out the fix??
Thanks in advance!
1996 BMW 740iL
1992 Dodge Stealth R/T TT (modified - 400 hp)
1996 Nissan Pathfinder
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)