+ Reply to Thread
    Keith

Yes | No

Hey Viv & other 5er meet folks, check it out>>>>>>

Here's the link/menu for a our luncheon after our get together and before our drive. www.stonyridgewinery.com/rest/#download

Mmmmmmmm, good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith (See ya'll soooooooooooooon!)

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©40 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Looks good!

We\'re going to be meeting up with a group at a Starbucks in Sac and get on the road by 8:30. So, we\'re going to meet at Wente\'s and then have lunch at Stoney Ridge? Is there any other information that might be useful to know?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Keith

Yes | No

Hmm, let's see>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You probably mapquested the directions, or something of that nature, but here is the "best" way to get to the winery, assuming your taking 5 to 205/580, which is the best way from Sac-Town.

When you come down the Altamont into the Livermore Valley, take the Vasco offramp and go over the overpass (South I believe) and stay on Vasco all the way until it deadends at Tesla rd.
    There you will make a right and got about a 1/4 mile to the winery, which will be on your left.
    I will be there earlier to make sure everyhthing is okay and make sure everyone parks in the rear parking lot.
    Beings that the winery will be open for buisness (other than us)we have to park 40 to 50 cars out there.

I went to Stony Ridge Winey today to get evrything setup and they said they are looking forward to our luncheon, as am I.

If you ever need to talk to me (yeah by phone, does anybody use those things anymore)my hm # is 925-425-0316 or need any other info let me know

Take care and I will see/meet you soon, Keith

Oh, if you don't know this already, we will be doing a nice drive (if your interested) from Livermore to Mt.Hamilton/San Jose after the meet, it's a twistie nice ride that takes you thru some parts of the Bay Area that people don't know that is even exist.
    We'll stop on top of Mt.Hamilton for some photo opps. then continue down the mountain into San Jose and head back down 680 (North for some)to wherever our homestead is.

Keith

Yes | No

Dah, I didn't spellcheck before I sent it, sorry!

Registered Member
    Member No: 109901 DINAN-M5 is an unknown quantity at this point DINAN-M5's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the info. Should be fun!

Keith

Yes | No

Viv, oh Viv, I've got a question.......or two.....

We've got a guy (Tony) that's coming down from Yuba City for the meet and I was wondering that if he was interested, he could possibly join up with your caravan, I was thinking the more the merrier.
    Let me know if it's okay and where you guys are meeting and stuff and I can either give him the info, or set him up to contact you.
    He's got a rare & very nice looking "some kind of red" '01 530.

Let me know, Keith

Inner Circle ©40 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

You can have him contact me, if he wants to.

We\'re going to meet at the Starbucks on the corner of Fulton Avenue & Marconi Avenue (Town & Country Shopping Center) Sacramento between 7:30 & 8:30 and plan on leaving by 8:30. If he\'s coming down HW 5, he might not want to make such a big detour to meet us. Maybe we can work out something else. Our plan is to get on 80 and then get on 5, if I remember correctly.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member
    Member No: 104512 flyride is an unknown quantity at this point flyride's Avatar

Yes | No

Looks good

Tim
    2001 530iA Sport/Premium (Alpine III/Sand/Xenons/Step/PDC/rain/shades/sport seats/changer)
    Upgrades (in order): Ultimate Cupholders, Saab trunk lid handle, in-dash CD, PIAA blue-tinted brights, Osram Diadem turns, M-Technic front bumper, M5 electrochromatic mirrors, coin holder delete, Euro-style leather armrest, M5 dead pedal, M5 rear swaybar

Keith

Yes | No

Okay, I'll see want he wants to do. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Mt. Hamilton road...danger Will Robinson!

My sig pic is from near the top of Mt. Hamilton. In other words I have been there and done that.
    I went up from the San Jose side and there has to be between 300 to 500 turns on the road up. In other words if you have passengers they WILL barf. The roads are extreemly narrow and very tight turns. Near the top my nav said I was 2 miles away from the destination, as the crow flies I was 1/4 mile away and I saw the top. That road is meant for motorcycles and banzai runners. Lots of 20mph or less turns.
    I have no idea about the road from Livermore but there is probably 1/3 or less turns on that road and has to be much faster than the other route. See the link for the web cam gallery and possibly the webcam itself ( down at present).
    The view is fantastic but the ride from SJ and back was brutal. My 10 year old almost blew in the car!
    My suggestion is to come back from the mountain thru Livermore or to drive up Mt. Diablo which is a fast road.
    mt Hamilton webcam picture gallery
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Yes | No

No barfie roads for me since I\'ll be the passenger

I\'d rather take the other road.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

Viv, then don't go down the SJ side.

2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Yes | No

OK, thanks.

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

Keith

Yes | No

OMG, you've got to be kidding me..............

I've "never" heard of anyone complain about this drive, we
    (Bay Bimmerz)have done this drive 2 or 3 times over the years and the club always asks when we're doing it again.
    This is not a race, it's just a leisure drive thru the mountain's, valley and up the "big" mountain.
    NO, I wouldn't take my wife on this drive (she gets car sick "real" easy) but that's what driving is all about, the twisties and scenery!
    Now going "down" the mountain there are speed limits that "must" be adhered to, or your asking for trouble, cops, bikes other cars, so it's a cruise, were you expecting a road race?

Hell, if people aren't up for a "real" drive, there are other wineries we could go to, I'm up for anything, except boring and unsafe Mt.Diablo!

Keith

Registered Member

Yes | No

I agree with that Keith but..

Keith,
    It is a nice drive if you are alone but as a passenger it could be rough. To me, it seems that a bunch of the people love to add performance mods to their cars and do the "road race" once in awhile. Since Viv I think hasn't been down that road I just wanted to give her my $0.02 . Slow or not it is tough on passengers unless they are not prone to motion sickness. I know I would probably toss if I were the passenger and not the driver. I would love to drive up there again but definately not with my kids.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information