+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 104906 john_m is an unknown quantity at this point john_m's Avatar

Yes | No

noooooooooo!

with my car only here for a few weeks, i just got into my first accident. not impressed!

i was driving to work on 101N, and it was stop and go. then this black civic started coming into my lane. this wasn't him cutting me off, it was just him coming into my lane. he was at the same level as me, so i instinctively started turning right and honked. as i honked and looked left, the guy infront of me had braked and i hit him (an older blue civic). so the left of my car hit the right corner of him

the airbags didn't go off. there's damage to my bumer and hood, but
    surprisingly small. however, i dont know if they can be fixed or if
    they'll have to be replaced. the guy's car suffered a lot more
    damage, i guess bmw's are build pretty solid. his bumper was totally gone, and the part above it was damaged a lot, as well as the corner part of the car. so it's like three panels. and the son of a [Oops!] started saying his arm hurts him, even though we were less than 20km/h. i think he just wants insurance money.

so we'll see what happens. i'm not too impressed. of course the guy who caused this took off.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104906 john_m is an unknown quantity at this point john_m's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: noooooooooo!

btw, I'm going to be taking the car to Sunnyvale Autobody. Allison BMW recomended them.

Anything I should watch out for?

thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Watch out for that jerk you hit.

Welcome to CA where insurance rates are high and everyone sues everybody else. Drivers suck and people will stop in front of you to get hit. If you hit them it is your fault, end of story. Even if someone else caused you to hit another car they will consider that you were too close to the car in front of you.
    Sorry to hear of it but watch out for people hitting the brakes in front of you like that, never follow close.
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

i'd rather get honked at for staying 2 car

distances back in traffic than have someone brake hard in front of me... i've seen it happen and it's not pretty
    dirty bastards trying to get money the easy way, they shall pay! alllllllllll of them!!!!
    how's summer session going kev?
    my teacher's a cutie, love the welsh accent ;]]

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Registered Member

Yes | No

What classroom and time?

You have to spread the wealth Ian! If I have to be at UCB then give me something to do. Actually I am not going to school there I just look at girls for 8 hours a day in Chem. I see if we have any "chemistry" and they say "no, your too old" :-((
    Ok, here is the truth ;-)
    Yes, I am at Chemistry
    No, I don't look at the girls all day. As long as they don't wear those low cut tank tops, Jeesh. Is that what your parents are paying for?
    I am working on a new lab there installing the electrical. (see the "ibew"?? it is the union for electricians which I am one of.)
    7am to 3pm Latimer 4th floor next to room 429(phone closet) if you are around. Project will end very shortly, then off to my next adventure.
    My next blurb
    99 GMC Jimmy 4x4 FS 29k miles model SLT dark blue 11k ducats
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

maybe i'll stop by and check it out =)

i'm in kroeber on the first floor between 3-4:30 mon-thursday
    i normally get to campus on the 2 o clock (arrival) RFS bus
    then read a bit and catch up on reading, gonna try to get there a bit earlier tomorrow tho
    i have a buttload of catching up to do :(
    latimer... not familiar with that building, kroeber is right across the street from the strada heh heh

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: maybe i'll stop by and check it out =)

Check out the anthropology museum there too. I worked on Boalt hall next door. Latimer is near there just below the greek theater. I end up leaving between 3 and 3:30. Oh well I guess we will have to wait for the sunday.

99 GMC Jimmy 4x4 FS 29k miles model SLT dark blue $11k ducats
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

mistic

Yes | No

Re: noooooooooo!

You are going to go down man. SPAM is something that will pull you down to the bottom!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information