+ Reply to Thread
    AndyO

Yes | No

Sauber near Montoya!!!!

Whoa, this car eally succkksss if Sauber was in JPM mirrors and Jaguar as well, at least Mercedes Coulthard was also in the mix.

FW26 is junk IMO, JPM can't control it, it's too twitchy

McLaren design leaped past Williams big time.

FW27 needs to go back to the traditional design twin keel is lame.

ariG

Yes | No

sauber will be up there, since they are using

ferrari engine and drivetrain from this year. so the only thing dif't btwn sauber and ferrari is the chassis and aerodynamics, and since sauber is just now feeling the effects are their brand new full scale wind tunnel, they should be doing better. i think that fisi is doing very well, and hopefully he gets what he deserves which is a good race seat in a larger team next year, which will only be williams.

2000e39

Yes | No

I have read that insiders in F1 say Fisi would ..

2000e39

Yes | No

beat everyone in an equal machine.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14380 caylan is an unknown quantity at this point caylan's Avatar

Yes | No

Oaky...but remember Andy, the Merc is still a twin

keel, they just developed it. We just have to bite the bullet & develop ours...

JimKim

Yes | No

credit his bridgestone tires

don't want to take anything away from fisi, as he is a great driver, but the bridgestones definitely had the advantage at low-temperature silverstone. as mentioned, the sauber is an f2003-ga with a 2004 engine and gearbox. couple that with the bridgestones, and you have a serious machine.

but the truth remains that the fw26 is a dog. at least this time last year the fw25 was on a comeback after monaco. haven't seen signs of that yet from williams. now with mclaren surging ahead, potentially ending up 5th in the constructors at the end of the season isn't where a "big three" team should be.

-james

Jim Derrig 93 750

Yes | No

Ok, but the Jag wasn't all that far behind either

and Gene was just hopeless in his car. I agree with David Hobbs--the car is horrible and the fact that Juan could drive it to a points-paying position is a tribute to his driving ability.

If the new McLaren's performance at Silverstone is a harbinger of the future, JPM is going to be very happy next year.

I agree that this was one of those weekends when the Ferraristones happened to work pretty well on the Sauber too. What I can't figure out is why that is not always the case. Devil is in the details, I guess.

AndyO

Yes | No

Detective work 101

1.McLaren launches new chasis on Michelin and VVVVery competitive.

2. Sauber runs down JPM on Bridgestones

3. Jaguar is competitive with JPM on Michelin.

4. Marc Gene takes 5th at Monza in the FW25 2003 on Michelins

5. Sam Michaels sets up the brakes wrong at Spain (over cooked) and we get punted at Indy (Sam Michaels again)

Either Sam Michaels works for McLaren or the FW26 is flawed from the intro.....stay tuned!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information