+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 110283 beach18 is an unknown quantity at this point beach18's Avatar

Yes | No

insurance scam by hassel bmw in freeport, ny

Don't go to Hassel BMW in Freeport, NY. I was a victim of insurance fraud. I got a loaner 2004 325 while my 2002 530 was in the shop. The next day I got a better look at the loaner. The vertical space between the two grills was dented. I did not do this, if I did the two grills would have been damaged or destroyed. I returned the loaner the way I received it at 11:30 AM. At 5:30, the service manager called and said I returned the car damaged. I denied that I did it. Hassel filed a claim with my insurance. They are investigating. We went to get pictures of the damaged loaner a week later. Hassel damaged the loaner even more. The two grills are missing, the rubber holding in the grills are missing, the headlight assembly was broken, the hood would not close. 3,200 dollars worth of damaged later.
    Inspect the car carefully before you sign anything. better yet don't go any of the Hassel dealers.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104186 vdr is an unknown quantity at this point vdr's Avatar

Yes | No

Have used Hassel in the past; I also had a problem

w/ them and refuse to ever buy a car from them again.

There's much better dealers in the Long Island area....

RON

Yes | No

Re: insurance scam by hassel bmw in freeport, ny

I have used Hassel and found them to be great. When ever getting a loaner the service guy walks the car with me so we can BOTH be sure there is not damage BEFORE I left the dealership. Sounds like it was YOUR mistake to not inspect the car and have them note any damage BEFORE you drive away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information