+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

bimmerbuddy

Yes | No

95 530-supercharge or turbocharge

Which one is better to do? Pros and cons? price? where can i purchase one?

RJL530

Yes | No

Re: 95 530-supercharge or turbocharge

did you ever get any feedback on this question?

Registered Member
    Member No: 75805 Faisal_in_Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point Faisal_in_Laurel's Avatar

Scott Jackson

Yes | No

After looking at that site...

I noticed it said nothing about different fuel injectors or a MAF matched to injectors. Also no mention of a fuel pressure regulator. Is a different chip all that's needed to make the supercharger work? If so, I'm gonna be checking ebay for a Vortech V1 or similar supercharger, fabbing my own brackets and such, and making a home made setup for cheap... assuming someone can get me the chip to make it work if that's all that's needed. Also would need the crank pulley unless it's possible to use the A/C belt (although obviously a longer version) to drive the supercharger. I'd be interested in a 6-8psi setup if this is feasible. Anyone know?

Registered Member
    Member No: 75805 Faisal_in_Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point Faisal_in_Laurel's Avatar

Yes | No

That is interesting. For the E38 and E39

they do include larger injectors and high Flow MAF to match the injectors as well as the ECU to match.

I wonder why they are leaving out those for E34 and previous models.

Check under BMW and Superchargers

Scott Jackson

Yes | No

maybe something to do with OBD1 vs OBD2?

it'd be interesting to find out what is up with that. I'd like to know the lb/hr rating of the stock fuel injectors in my car. If they're up to the task of 410hp or whatever 6-8psi boost creates without needing to up the fuel pressure, I'm all over it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 8387 johnfuston is an unknown quantity at this point johnfuston's Avatar

Yes | No

Snds like U just went into the S/C business, Scott

A bracket, a few pulleys, some plumbing, and a few hours of dyno time to burn your *own* chip and you're done.

Obviously not as simple than that. But way simpler than most people might think. Be sure to report back here your progress once you're underway.

Faisal. You're next dude...

Let's buy some parts and get started !

Rgds...
    - John
    '92 850i Twin Turbo

Scott Jackson

Yes | No

Heck yeah, if only I could easily do turbos...

I've been doing a lot of turbo reading... got a 69 mach1 that I'm building a twin junkyard turbo 514 for. Using a stock block with splayed billet mains, offset ground stock crank, Eagle H beam rods, JE pistons, TFS A460 heads, blowthru dominator carb, and two Powerstroke diesel turbos. Should be 1100hp and 1000+ft/lbs. Putting in the C4 'vette front suspension now and then have to move back the firewall. Then a Viper T56 trans... yeah it's a big project and to be 100% street driven. As for the 540i, I don't want to use stock 19lb/hr injectors. I can get some used Mustang higher lb/hr injectors cheap though. Probably 36lb/hr would be about right. But where does one get a MAF calibrated for them? I'm still thinking that a longer A/C belt would make a slick install. Very early stages of planning right now. Havta see if I can find a centrifugal unit to check it out before I spend the bucks on one. Need to save $ for a good attorney if I get the mustang done... :p

Registered Member

Yes | No

I am still having a hard time deciding between

a centrifugal type and the Twin Screw design. I am lot looking to have a high peak torque but want high torque at a low RPM that stays fairly even in the entire RPM band.

Suggestions?

buldogge

Yes | No

Let me know if you need custom pulleys...

of ANY kind!

SC pulleys...crank pulleys...UDP's...or ???

Mark in St. Louis
    [email protected]

Registered Member
    Member No: 8387 johnfuston is an unknown quantity at this point johnfuston's Avatar

Yes | No

Faisal will need pulleys if he does a custom SC.

Can you elaborate on what you have available? Or you just been down that road and know where to send him? Rgds...
    - John
    '92 850i Twin Turbo

Petter @ ESS

Yes | No

Re: After looking at that site...

The original 530i M60 fuel injectors are the same as the ones used in the 540i M60. We had no problems stretching them to a A/F ratio of 12:1 at the rated 6PSI/328hp. Our bolt-on kit does include a recalibrated MAF and new ECU software to match. With stock software and fuel system the engine will simply stop pulling completely at 4500RPM due to fuel starvation (A/F of 15.5+). If you check our site (www.esstuning.com) in the next few weeks a lot of parts like brackets, software, pulleys, tensioners, etc. used in our older kits like this 530 system will be available in our webshop separately for DIY'ers that already have a Vortech unit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information