+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 67440 bonzo is an unknown quantity at this point bonzo's Avatar

Yes | No

Is it just me or what?

Does it seem like the CHP are getting a little thick on the bay and east bay freeways lately?

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

it's not just you, that's why i play it cool in

mostly in the second lane
    it gets bad when i'm going home and i hit the vacaville - davis stretch
    these mofockas (pardon my french) are getting TRICKY, they park on the on-ramps and eyeball people (possibly radar?)
    as soon as they get a hit they floor it and take 'em down
    i saw 3 poor guys in a row get milled

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Mike F. (Sacramento)
    Member No: Mike F. (Sacramento)'s Avatar

Yes | No

Gettin' thicker out here, too

I drive between Davis and Sacto every day. It looks like they're a lot more active on that stretch than they were a year ago. And you really have to watch - I had a white CHP Camaro come storming up behind me a couple of weeks ago. I slowed and pulled from the fast lane over to the second lane when I saw him. He pulled up next to me and stayed there for a minute or so before proceeding up the road.

Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

sigh, hopefully if you do have a run in

it's with CHP or a sac cop
    those davis cops are real pricks

88 528e Auto
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.
    Future projects: Speakers (MB Quart), OBC Light Bar, Foglights (One got chewed off... Any good cheap suggestions??).

Mike F. (Sacramento)

Yes | No

Still?

About ten years ago, I went to traffic school for a 63-in-a-55 ticket given to me on an empty road (Covell) at two in the morning by a Davis cop. Seemed like half the traffic school was people who were nailed for similar or lesser offenses. Even the guy teaching the class (a CHP sergeant from Martinez) thought it was all totally stupid.

Mike

Registered Member

Yes | No

ROFL some things will never change

but NOW if you look like a little rice racer you're ASKING to be pulled over
    the slightest "funny" look and they'll pull you over
    hell, if you fart in your car with the window open and they sense it
    they'll pull you over
    dirty [email protected]@rds
    btw they still get people on covell ;]

88 528e Auto

Registered Member
    Member No: 42873 and321cue is an unknown quantity at this point and321cue's Avatar

Yes | No

Here in Fresno...

They're all over, but since the 99FWY is more spread out and flat, you can usually spot them. Their newest weapon is plain white Camaros with really thin, clear light bars on top. YOu can't see that they have blue and red until they light up, and the bar is no more than 4" tall.

Funny thing is, I have never gotten nailed in my own car, and my car is red, which stands out like a sore thumb. I got nailed in a rental dark grey Mitsubishi Galant. Go figure.

Be careful out there, guys. Let the ricers get nailed.
    Ian

Mike F. (Sacramento)

Yes | No

Those Camaros

I used to work at a place right next to the CHP Academy's test track in West Sacramento. Most of the time, we'd see the cadets running the Crown Vics around the track with their lights on in lines of four or five - nothing interesting. One day, though, I watched one of those Camaros racing with one of the Mustangs they used to use. Those guys were tearing the track up, nose-to-tail at really high speeds. They were really driving well, too - no sliding, rarely any brake lockup, just carrying a lot of speed through the corners, lap after lap. Finally, there was a whole lot of tire noise at a part of the track I couldn't see and then the Camaro came around without the Mustang.

Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Ford=found on road dead.

Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Ian

Yes | No

F@#$ed over rebuilt dodge is what i learned :)

sara

Yes | No

Re: Those Camaros

Yea i know what you mean my bro has a camaro he put $45,000 into it and he races it. Hes got a turbo a 400 trans and lots more. he makes a viper stand still he can do the quarter mile in 10 seconds

sara

Yes | No

Sorry i was wrong my bro told me its not 45,000 its around 75,000 and the reason hes got a turbo in his camaro is because he put a grand National motor into his camaro. While drag racing he can hit 10 seconds at 130mph. It was funny one time i was with him at the car wash and these guys in a cobra mustang asked him if he wanted to race and he just laughed and said do you wanna lose? And they asked him what hes got in his car and he went on and on and they didnt believe him so he popped the hood for them and the expression on their faces were so funny and in the end they ended up not wanting to race him.

Registered Member

Yes | No

lmao sweet, although not sweet enough ;]

i was at sac international speedway with some buddies
    our jaws dropped at the sight of a late 80's 5 liter mustang
    ummmmmm put it this way, it pulled a 7 second flat quarter
    we asked each other if that was even possible... but the proof was in front of... more like WAY down at the end of the quarter mile to the right of us hahaha
    but 10 seconds is quite beastly
    75,000 though.... that's insane!

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

sara

Yes | No

Thats kool My bros car can go around 3 seconds or maybe less from 0-60mph and its worth alot of money.

Alex

Yes | No

I still think that a viper can beat a camaro not matter how suped up each one is.

Alex

Yes | No

Viper vs camaro

also i think that if your brother's car can do the 1/4 in 10.55 than a viper can beat it. A sock viper srt-10 did the 1/4 in 11.77 now supe that up and you can do far better.

Alex

Yes | No

you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information