+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Denny

Yes | No

Boone NC & Waynesville NC -Hotel Info Please

Hi Guys,
    We'll I'm planning my trip to your area. Back in March, I got some basic info from MikeS86, Jim Pollman, and Filehorse.
    Thinking of staying in Waynesville for a few nights at Old Stone Inn- comments? (could also stay in Maggie Valley, need a suggestion though). I don't have a place in Boone picked out. Need nothing special, Comfort Suites, Best Western will do. Comments?
    Thanks,
    Denny
    Windy City BMWCCA

Registered Member
    Member No: 28989 motordavid is an unknown quantity at this point motordavid's Avatar

Yes | No

Here's some links...I've lived in Waynesville for+

nearly 3 years. We spent dozens of nights in area motels while building the money pit on the Mtn, but unfortunately our stays were in the cheapest/closest joint(s) we could find.
    I have heard good stuff about Stone Inn,however.

Give me a day; I'll do some digging for you. Are you looking for B&Bs or motel? Budget in mind, or $ no concern? Are you boogieing on the BRPkway, or shopping downtown in the foo-foo galleries? Give me some hints on what your time frame and interests are. Glad to help; I know every 2 lane blacktop in the 6 western counties: sensational driving/M'cycling here. If you don't wanna answer here, hit my handle and my email should pop up.
    Here's Boone,NC "trip advisor" Link to paste:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g48975-Boone_North_Carolina-Hotels-OvertureHOdom.html

BR,mdDavid
    In HillbillyHeaven @ 5K ft elev. overlooking Waynesville,NC
    '01 X5 3.0 5Spd, Sport,etc. Tit.Silver
    '02 VetteVert 6Spd Z51 suspension
    '03 Honda CR-V (aka "theFridge" 4 TheMissus)
    '87 Honda Hurricane 1000
    '90 HD Heritage "Soft?"Tail
    '94 Honda GW Aspencade
    '75 HD Shovelhead (sitting in bro'n'law's garage)

Denny

Yes | No

Re: Here's some links...I've lived in Waynesville for+

Hi David, I think you gave me sone ideas earlier in the year. Here's my plan: Sun Oct 3rd, staying 1 night in Townsend, probably Comfort Inn. We'll start at Cades Cove Monday morning, and spend the day in the GSM. Go to your neck of the woods, stay Mon-Wed night. Do sight seeing in your area, probably stay in Old Stone Inn. ($89/night, including breakfast). Plan is to go up towards Boone Thursday and Friday. I want to spend less than $100/night. Fact is, we won't be in the room all that long, sightseeing, driving, hiking, shopping, did I say driving?, that kind of stuff. The "M" is ready for the drive. As far as the roads go, the BRParkway for a while would be ok probably on the day we'll be going to the Biltmore. BTW, should I plan on the Biltmore daytrip from your area or would that be better to save it for Boone days? I'd love some backroad routes, so lay em on me.

Thanks again,
    Denny
    Windy City BMWCCA

Registered Member
    Member No: 28989 motordavid is an unknown quantity at this point motordavid's Avatar

Yes | No

D: Rogo, now I remeber,lol! I'll put together some

David
    In HillbillyHeaven @ 5K ft elev. overlooking Waynesville,NC
    '01 X5 3.0 5Spd, Sport,etc. Tit.Silver
    '02 VetteVert 6Spd Z51 suspension
    '03 Honda CR-V (aka "theFridge" 4 TheMissus)
    '87 Honda Hurricane 1000
    '90 HD Heritage "Soft?"Tail
    '94 Honda GW Aspencade
    '75 HD Shovelhead (sitting in bro'n'law's garage)

RichB

Yes | No

Some suggestions re lodging

About one hour south on parkway from Boone is the Switzerland Inn at Little Switzerland, NC. If you dont mind small room ask for Bunk House @ $55/night and clean. In Boone/Blowing Rock all room are expensive but in Lenoir about 20 miles south Comfort Suites are very reasonable. In Maggie Vally i stay in Creekside Lodge, Very nice and they love BMWers. You also must eat at Shatley Springs which is about 7 miles north of West Jefferson. family style and very good.

Jordan Hicks

Yes | No

Easiola lodge in Linville N.C. Best seafoof buffet

and most beautiful hotel in the area. Its over a 100 years old and sits on an old Donald Ross golfcourse. 1 mile from grandfather mountain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information