the electrical guy...ibew
    Member No: the electrical guy...ibew's Avatar

Yes | No

According to the concise Oxford english dictionary

Both are correct.
    Let us discuss....
    How can two spellings be correct?

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

I can spell Humuhumunukunukuapua'a....

And maybe take a picture of said "trigger fish" in its natural habitat.As of Sunday I will be off line for 8 days off to Maui. But it won't be that great. On Sat. I will have to put down one of my cats of 16 years. So we will be thinking of her..
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©43 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey Kevin!

Sorry to hear about your cat. We had cats growing up and I got very attached to them. Have a great time in Maui! Don't eat too much pokie!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

What the heck is Pokie?

I just want to gorge on the Maui Gold pinapples and test drive the Maui BMW cars.
    At least I can bring back one of the two.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Inner Circle ©43 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Marinated sushi. Yummy!

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member

Yes | No

I will have some if I can just for you :-)

2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul
    Kevin Goto

Yes | No

Thanks! Have fun!

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

have fun kevin, i think you spelled asian wrong!

it's A-S-I-A-N
    not E-N-G-L-I-S-H ;]
    just kidding, never heard of your spelling though
    looks like i've got a lot to learn

88 528e Auto 140k and Climbing Drastically
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Speakers 4" Mid 1" Titanium Tweet With Crossovers, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.

kosmel

Yes | No

urban anthro project

I'm sort of new to anthropology. I'm taking this class on urban anthro, and in it I have to do a 10 hour project and research paper on a problem/challenge/aspect of urbanism, urbanity, or urbanization. Basically I have to come up with problem/challenge/aspect of urbanity, urbanization, or urbanism; write a paper on it; and get involved... in any way in the thing that I write about. Get it? I really hope you do, because I was wondering if anyone could help me brainstorm some ideas... I would be really really greateful for your help!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 22083 rkt-mn is an unknown quantity at this point rkt-mn's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: .IBEW 595 E

dude that's the SH^%%$#$ Where is the switch at ???

Registered Member
    Member No: 22083 rkt-mn is an unknown quantity at this point rkt-mn's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Clips.....Uhhhh...

I dont think that you can see the E. fly

the electrical guy...ibew
    Member No: the electrical guy...ibew's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't know. Just stuff on the net.

Worked in one of the yards once. LOTS of static around there.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

curious as to the m5 dead pedal, what is it?

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Concerned Brother

Yes | No

Internal Treason? Someone's going to Lose!

Internal Treason? Someone's going to lose!
    Date: October 25, 2004
    Time: 09:07 PM -0700

Comments
    IBEW members, My Local has a problem and I was hoping to reach out to others who may have experienced the same.

The President of my Local has charged my Business Manager. The charges are supposed misappropiation of funds.

The intent of the Business Manager has been to improve the lot of our Hall. He has not profited from his actions nor caused harm to the IBEW.

So the question arises, "What is the intent of the President?

Sad state of affairs and I was just wondering if anybody has ever witnessed such treasoness action before?

Rumor has it, the President had divulged this sick plan during the election campaign of our Local to a member that would admit this and take a polygraph if doubted.

Does a Business Manager get removed by the International if he erred in procedure but his actions were nobel and the outcome benefitted the Local?

Does a President get removed by the International if he fails to bring attention to the Business Manager any possible errors in procedure that he is aware of. Should he not explain his intent of why he is pressing charges when he could have cooperated with and not work in conflict with the Business Manager? (Constitution violation!)

What about the witness to the Presidents' verbal premeditated plan! Would he have an opportunity to voice this to the International?

My apologies IBEW members. This situation has nothing to with your Local. The IBEW minuteman is down and I needed to reach out for support. We are trying to improve our Hall but there are obviously others who do not respect the wishes of the membership who voted overwhelmingly for our present Business Manager.

If you have any ideas please share.

Solidarity!

ibew595

Yes | No

Re: Internal Strife

Ours just went through somewhat of the same thing. Funds were allegedly misappropriated and the GMC Yukons they were driving were a sore spot in the membership. Our leadership was divided on the election until the new BA was elected then the "old gang" sucked up to the new. The new BA was overwhelmingly elected by a large turnout.
    All is well in 595 now though the company I worked for since 99 (turned out in 00) went from 100+ to <30 had to let me see the world.
    186 book 1- +/- 4 calls a day.
    Take care Brother and please don't hate the BMWs

Registered Member
    Member No: 15274 dlregis is an unknown quantity at this point dlregis's Avatar

Yes | No

More info on that video (and more) here....

Very fascinating videos and information... I've always had a lot of respect for linemen, but holy smokes!

BTW, I shared this URL with a friend in the bay area (electrician with Rosendin or Cupertino)... he got a major kick out of it. He's not had the opportunity to play with voltages of this magnitude... didn't sound like he had much interest either ;^D

daver -- 2003 325iT -- 2001 Z3 Coupe

ibew595

Yes | No

Daver, I am eternally gratefull! Woot!

Registered Member
    Member No: 15274 dlregis is an unknown quantity at this point dlregis's Avatar

Yes | No

No problem at all...

Where abouts do you work? My friend is a union electrician in the bay area (San Jose)... not sure which hall though, but he is IBEW.

He's been with Rosendin (or possibly Cupertino) for a few years. He's been on assignment at the Intel Santa Clara site for quite a while now. Before he was union, he was an independent contractor doing residential and commercial work, and before that he was working for a company doing primarily residential/some commercial.

daver -- 2003 325iT -- 2001 Z3 Coupe

ibew595

Yes | No

Onions ;-)

Oh that is Unions.
    He is out of 332 I believe and probably has lots of work. S.J. has a good >80% of the work. I am out of Alameda county hence the 595. where work isn't that great. Which is why I am home now after a 4 yr stint with my former employer they went from 100+ down to ~30 employees. Fairly good company and I enjoyed running work for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information