+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Prescott

Yes | No

Anyone w/McCulloch HID Kit installed and when

driving, the headlights (both) kept flashing? Anyone know the source of the problem?

Prescott

Yes | No

I went back changed everything and still doing the

samething, is there some programming involve or voltage problem causing it to blink?

LL COOL J

Yes | No

Re: Anyone w/McCulloch HID Kit installed and when

maybe you shoulve bought a quality kit instead of a McCulloch.

Paul

Yes | No

Re: I went back changed everything and still doing the

I have the same problem with my kit. Lights work fine until the engine is switched on and then they begin to flicker. What is the problem?

Registered Member
    Member No: 113786 M3FX is an unknown quantity at this point M3FX's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I went back changed everything and still doing

Just a guess but did you put new fueses in ?

edgar

Yes | No

i have a 8000K set and it does th same thing, but the guy i bought the kit from told me that it was my factory wireing, and that i wasnt getting enough juice. he sent me a harness and he said it would fix the problem, but i havent installed it yet. a hid kit is best compared to a cd player and halogen bulbs are like tape players... you know when the batteries in a tape player are dieing, the tape player keep playing even as the music gets slower & slower,and when the same thing happens with a cd player the thing just stops playing. when halogen bulbs dont get enough power they just dim down and hids blink

BGR

Yes | No

Re: I went back changed everything and still doing

I just installed the 8000K McCulloch hi/lo system in my Galant and it is tight. No problems at all, however, I do know what you're talking about. One of the H4 connectors was fried and I had to replace it. It was $3.99 part from the local auto store. I guess the H4 (HID) wasn't getting enough juice to the ballast, so it flickered. But that was only on the bad side. The other side was no problems at all but I will eventually need to replace that part, too, as it show a little melting but not as bad as the one I replace. I never seen plastic burned to a crisp like that.

veemer ///M

Yes | No

HID aftermarket prob on e46

i have the same prob. My hids dont work once my engine is running. But if i turn them on first b4 my engine it works well. i guess the ballast is eating too much electricity that the OnBoard Computer sensor thought that there is a wire shortage. i think you have to reprogram the computer that you're upgrading to HID. I also installed the same brand of HId on my other cars and it worked perfectly. i am using SUPERVISION 8500k HID

Registered Member
    Member No: 117765 Stingray1100 is an unknown quantity at this point Stingray1100's Avatar

Yes | No

It's not the harness...

Halogen bulbs are 55w (input and output). HID bulbs (capsules) are 35 input, 175 watts output. The current draw is less than 3 amps for an HID capsule. Sounds like an issue with your ballasts or your light control module.

Do you have a computerized "system check" on your car? If so, it will read that the low beams are burnt out (no 'filament' in an HID capsule). But this shouldn't make them "blink"

RPS

Registered Member
    Member No: 117765 Stingray1100 is an unknown quantity at this point Stingray1100's Avatar

Yes | No

If it were the fuses, lights would go out, not

Registered Member

Yes | No

BGR, your a fire ball waiting to happen:-)

Mike

Yes | No

Re: HID aftermarket prob on e46

How's the quality of McCulloch? Half the world says its good, and the other half say it sucks.

Also, if the bulb is burnt, where would you go to get them replaced?

Antoin

Yes | No

Re: It's not the harness...

German cars are not very reputable for their electronics.
    Go and check for steady voltage to ballasts

samsoup

Yes | No

Detailed research info on McCulloch HID products

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=338190

I made reference to this link here too. :)

phantombmw

Yes | No

Re: HID aftermarket prob on e46

I had McCulloch on my car about 2 years ago before I got a new one. They were great off the bat, but something happened and they burned out about 1 year after I got them and was never able to get them turned back on. For a while I thought it was the wiring in my car, but I installed them on a friends car and they wouldn't work either. I'd say it's a poor quality kit, although the packaging and everything looked high quality.

Ish Soto

Yes | No

Re: Anyone w/McCulloch HID Kit installed and when

The problem u came across is that ur kit requires a relay which ur kit may not have come with. u need to purchase a new set of wire harnesses that included a relay. these wires must be connected to ur + battery terminal in order 2 work properly

dustin

Yes | No

Re: HID aftermarket prob on z4

saw your post on line about flickering hid aftermarket, i had the same problem only happens after i start the ignition, anyway to make a long story short, I'm using the 12 v source from the foglights instead and it is perfect, you have to turn on the foglights to activate hid but who cares saved 2 grand having it done at the dealer, plus when you do turn on the regular lights my fog lights go on, because i routed the low beam power to the fogs, anyway very very happy I fugured that out.

thought you would like to know this info.

Dustin

very happy z4 owner

dustin

Yes | No

Re: It's not the harness...

saw your post on line about flickering hid aftermarket, i had the same problem only happens after i start the ignition, anyway to make a long story short, I'm using the 12 v source from the foglights instead and it is perfect, you have to turn on the foglights to activate hid but who cares saved 2 grand having it done at the dealer, plus when you do turn on the regular lights my fog lights go on, because i routed the low beam power to the fogs, anyway very very happy I fugured that out.

Dustin

very happy z4 owner

dustin

Yes | No

Dustin

very happy z4 owner

u2far4me

Yes | No

Re: HID aftermarket

2005 x5 here try to add after market HID kit but having problem with the H1 HID bulb. it will not fis in the housing...
    please help? pictures will be great.
    tahnks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information