+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 95741 chubby1234 is an unknown quantity at this point chubby1234's Avatar

Yes | No

there such a thing as bone white interior on e38s?

i have a black/tan int. 01 iL sport...i'll be pissed if the above is true.

Registered Member
    Member No: 59208 stever500 is an unknown quantity at this point stever500's Avatar

Yes | No

Doubt it. Never heard of it!!!

Isn't it the standard beige interior on that car?Steve R Silver Spring, MD. USA
    01 740i Sport Anthacite/Black
    96 911 C4S Polar Silver/Black
    99 Jag XK8 Sapphire Blue/Creme(her's)

http://members.cardomain.com/stever500

Registered Member
    Member No: 24318 JohnG is an unknown quantity at this point JohnG's Avatar

Yes | No

sort of - not sure if that was the official name

There were E38s equipped with the "Highline" interior. This was a combination of Orrinoco paint on the outside, with a green dash, carpets and door panels + a creamy off white (maybe called bone white, I can't recall) leather - with green piping.
    Or Orient Blue, with blue dash carpets and door panels, + creamy off white leather and blue piping.

2000 740iL Highline
    Here's a 2000 - the highline interior was a little different in 2001 - 01s got the piping, and the whole door panel save for the armrest area is blue(or green)

2001 750iL Highline
    And here's an 01 to compare.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 38286
    Inner Circle ©156 since: Jun 08, 2003 ericw is an unknown quantity at this point ericw's Avatar

Yes | No

I think it was called oyster

Eric
    '01 740 Sport Anthracite
    '98 M Roadster Arctic Silver
    Eric's BMW Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 35891 mwong is an unknown quantity at this point mwong's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, "Oyster Beige"

M.Wong
    E38 2000 740iL Orient Blue

E39 2003 540i/6 Sterling Gray (European Delivery)

E30 1987 325i Royal Blue (Passed on to a new family.)

Registered Member
    Member No: 95741 chubby1234 is an unknown quantity at this point chubby1234's Avatar

Yes | No

see! that's the interior i wanted. oysters are

black, gray, cobalt, but NOT bone white..only fossils. that's so misleading.

Registered Member
    Member No: 27715 ke.hoffman is an unknown quantity at this point ke.hoffman's Avatar

Yes | No

Oyster

Mine has the Oyster colored interior. I believe is Oyster Sand but cannot remember now.

Click To View The Tennessee Green Ox

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yeah, that's the Orrinoco highline interior

Your dash, upper door panels, and carpets are green, right?

Oh, and Geaux Tigers! Sorry, couldn't help myself. It's a reflex whenever I see another SEC team mentioned.

Registered Member
    Member No: 27715 ke.hoffman is an unknown quantity at this point ke.hoffman's Avatar

Yes | No

Some disagree it's highline interior

Some on the board have stated that this may not be a true highline interior. Seems the highline has the seat piping and the panels would be all green instead of just the green on top. It is a May 99 production 2000 model and this may just be an early highline version. Or it could have been a special order. Since I bought it used I am not sure. Whatever, I am very pleased with it.

Oh yeah, GO VOLS!!!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

it's the 2000 Highline

I admit this is anecdotal information, but all the 2000s I see with the highline interior look like you car. The 2001s with the highline interior have the piping and the door panels (save for the leather area where the side airbag and armrest is) done in the green or blue.

So I think it's just two different highline interiors - the 2001 version and the 2000 version. Perhaps they didn't call it "Highline" in 2000, but it sure isn't the run of the mill interior.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13945 topaztony is an unknown quantity at this point topaztony's Avatar

Yes | No

Can't help it either: Go Dawgs, Roll Wave

edoug

Yes | No

Re: there such a thing as bone white interior on e38s?

So - I just purchased this '01 740i Sport - I loved the differentiation with the dark carpet/trim/dash mixed with the oyster leather - this doesn't have piping - is this highline/oronoco? I'm new to e38s. Just graduated from my '01 e46 conv.

Also, price is $37.9k w/40k miles, california car. Dinan chip, 1 year left on 4 yr BMW warranty... any thoughts?

DelMar740iL

Yes | No

HighLine diff from Oyster (m)

I have a 00 E38 w/high-line pkg. and researched these options for a long time before I ordered it. There was, and still is, lots of confusion over what's high-line and what's not.

Note this info is for USA cars only -- other countries had more flexibility in mixing/matching the options/packages, and "high-line" components were actually sometimes different in other countries as well (lower accent colors, etc.) BMW mistakenly thinks Americans like fewer combo choices than Europeans and more "forced-choiced" bundled packages, which is a shame.

There are 2 types of USA "offerings":

1. Full Leather (Oyster Beige leather with Navy blue carpeting, no seat piping, or Oyster Beige leather with English Green carpeting, no seat piping). This IS NOT the high-line package.

2. High-Line package (Ecru leather with dark blue seat piping and carpeting/accents or Ecru leather with English green seat piping and carpeting/accents).

notes:
    a)The "full leather" leather is different from the high-line leather. Full-leather appears "whiter".
    b)High-line was originally offered in the US on 750iL cars only, but starting in 2000 it became available on long-base 740s.
    c)High-line packages also included 2 additional paint choices: 406 Orinocco and 453 Midnight Blue, corresponding to the interior colors.
    d) 740iL High-line packages were mutually exclusive with other options such as steptronic, sport pkg, etc. (I wanted steptronic, but couldn't get it unless I upgraded to a 750iL).
    e) As most of us know, 750 short bases were not offered in the USA!

Unfortunately, there's still confusion with BMW's new "Individual" packaging here in the USA (similar to the old High-Line packaging). I'm looking for an M3 and visited 6 dealers in So Cal, all of whom know virtually nothing about BMW Individual.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: HighLine diff from Oyster (m)

Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that my interior was not highline but special order. Had not seen anything definite until your post.

DelMar740iL

Yes | No

Your car is v nice + diff ! Enjoy (nt)

Registered Member
    Member No: 13945 topaztony is an unknown quantity at this point topaztony's Avatar

Yes | No

Pic of highline seats...

Registered Member

Registered Member

Yes | No

i hate my tan interior, so generic and bland..it's

not even light tan. i suckered myself into getting my blk/tan 01 iL sport because they are difficult to find in atlanta. oh well, i'll just make do with close to perfect. i really hate compromises.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information