+ Reply to Thread
    Ian

Yes | No

7/31 winery meet, hope you all had fun! i bet it

was a huge success...
    while you guys (at least half.... the non-drivers) are getting wasted on free wine samples i slave away at my computer trying to pump out 25 pieces of "folklore"
    can someone post me some reaaaally good bimmer jokes?
    and if you don't mind maybe adding your

1. name, gender, and age
    2. occupation and ethnic/national background
    3. your native language (if multi-lingual put in order of usage from most to least)
    4. city you live in

i know some of it's personal, but your name will FOREVER live in the uc berkeley folklore archives!!!! =D
    and plz help an undergraduate out heh heh
    tia

CalvinH

Yes | No

We did!!

There was a good turnout at Wente, the numbers were good for the leisurely lunch as well. Only a baker's dozen headed for the top of Mt. Hamilton, but we enjoyed the drive (after getting off the newly resurfaced section of the road). The twisties on this hot day were quite a bit of fun for those who came. We started at 10 am, I got home around 6:30 - just about right for me.

Cheers,
    CalvinH
    2003 540i6 Black Sapphire Metallic on Sand
    Most of the remaining options, too!

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

We did too!

It was nice to meet you and some of the other RF peeps. Maybe next time we'll go on the drive. As it was, we didn't get home until after 5:00. I'll post a few pictures later today.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Phil Robyn

Yes | No

Re: 7/31 winery meet, hope you all had fun! i bet

It was great to meet all of you Bimmerheads at Wente and see your fantastic cars! Lunch was wonderful too! Sorry I couldn't go on the drive to Mt. Hamilton, but we didn't want to risk being late for a
    dinner engagement in Berkeley. We should all give thanks and a round of applause to Keith for his efforts in arranging the get-together. I'm really looking forward to future events!

Phil Robyn
    Univ. of California, Berkeley
    '87 E28 535is
    '91 E34 M5

Registered Member
    Member No: 104512 flyride is an unknown quantity at this point flyride's Avatar

Yes | No

nice cars and people. I had fun!

Tim
    2001 530iA Sport/Premium (Alpine III/Sand/Xenons/Step/PDC/rain/shades/sport seats/changer)
    Upgrades (in order): Ultimate Cupholders, Saab trunk lid handle, in-dash CD, PIAA blue-tinted brights, Osram Diadem turns, M-Technic front bumper, M5 electrochromatic mirrors, coin holder delete, Euro-style leather armrest, M5 dead pedal, M5 rear swaybar

Inner Circle ©45 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep *clapping* for Keith! Great organization!

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

It was REALLY twistie Viv, can you say Dramamine!

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm really glad everyone had a great time......

The weather was perfect (quite often it gets over 100 out there and on the drive route) it was MAYBE 80, but the road sucked for about half the way to to Mt.Hamilton (loose gravel like crazy)but the second half is where the fun began!

Then after a brief stop at the summit, we headed down that TWISTIE road bound for San Jose & beyond.

Then Tim and I hopped on 680 and cruised home together,until I got home in Pleasanton and gave way to him for his venture further North on 680.

I can't wait for our next meeting, hopefully Apple Hill,(above Placerville for people that don't know) Brian & I will be talking about this in the coming weeks.

Keith

Yes | No

Apple Hill? Now you're talking! We're in ;-)

Viv
    Sacramento, CA

[

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information