+ Reply to Thread
    frank

Yes | No

need some more help

i have a turbo e30 garrett t3 t04e 57 trim turbo greedy profect b boost controller

2 problems
    it starts spooling around 5000 rpms anything i can do to this turbo to get it to spool sooner
    and it will only boost to about 12lbs with the boost controller turned all the way up i know 12 is alot but not when it starts spooling before you shift
    thanks for the help
    frank

Paul

Yes | No

Re: need some more help

Post your settings from the profect b, is it a spec II?
    Also need to know what turbine housing you have on the T3 and what stage it is?

What are you using for a wastegate? What displacement and CR is your engine?

frank

Yes | No

it is a spec II its a 57 trim stage 3 tiAL external wastegate its a e with an i head motor and the compression is down to about 8/1

Paul

Yes | No

57 trim is the compressor side, need to know the A/R of the turbine housing should be .48 or .63 or .82 perhaps.

List the settings of your boost controller, I have the same one and its a bit of a challenge to setup.

frank

Yes | No

i belive its a .48 the balence is all the way to the left the low is set at 4lbs and high stops between 10 and 12 lbs

Paul

Yes | No

Is it this one? Your settings didn't make much sense.

I'm running a T04E '50' with .48A/R stage 3 T3 on my M10, which is 2.1L and 9:1 CR. I get 12 psi before 3000rpms. Have you tried turning off your boost controller and letting the wastegate spring handle boost? I assume you can adjust the spring pressure on your wastegate. It's possible you have a leak either at the wastegate or perhaps in the pressure tubing to the intake manifold.

frank

Yes | No

no i guess i have the spec I im goin for a drive now and will turn off the controller and report my findings

frank

Yes | No

try even switching the lines

10 lbs was where it stopped
    didnt start spooling till 5000 rpms

Paul

Yes | No

Re: try even switching the lines

There must be something leaking, hard to say which side(exhaust or intake) though. Can you hear it trying to spool? induction sucking sound? That might indicate if its leaking after the turbo's compressor or in the exhaust. Do you have a blow off valve or bypass valve?

frank

Yes | No

i have a tial blow off valve
    i cant hear it trying to spool could it be b/c of the 4.10 ls diff its not getting enough time to start spooling
    but it should spool if in neutral and giving it gas

Paul

Yes | No

Wont make much difference, it wont spool in neutral or with the clutch in as there is no load on the engine. This only happens in cheese movies ;)

The higher the gear the easier it will be to see and hear what is going on, although the speeds quickly get to illegal levels...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information