+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 41407 Dan1 is an unknown quantity at this point Dan1's Avatar

Yes | No

Summary of HP vs Cost

I have read many posts over the years of individuals performing a wide range of engine modifications like increasing throttle bore, shortening horns, increasing exhaust valve size, euro headers, cams, etc. It would be interesting to get a summary of all these mods along with the recorded gains and relative costs so that we can individually decide what suits our goals and budgets. Anyone interested in doing it or know of such a document?

Registered Member
    Member No: 41407 Dan1 is an unknown quantity at this point Dan1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Good stuff Dan

I'll measure the flapper position relative to voltage the next time I reinstall the AFM. I will have to figure out how to equate open area and/or angular position with voltage, though I'm leary of opening up my AFM. It might be a while, however, as I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor.

mike mckee

Yes | No

Re: Split Second MAF (laptop version) Write-up

Registered Member
    Member No: 10568 scottiesharpe is an unknown quantity at this point scottiesharpe's Avatar

Yes | No

UPDATE.............?

This is an old post. Not sure why it got bumped. However I would like to know if anyone has an update on the new SS hardware if there is any. I would like to do a comparison on the kit that I've managed to put together to see how it compares with SS current offerings. I was thinking of putting an ad in the Roundel to see if I could sell the thing I put together and I was wondering if I have something here - insofar as a sellable product.
    I have gotten a few responses from the M5 community here but haven't sold any kits for M5 yet. (Sold a bunch for 745i and M30.) Not sure why since I had thought us M5 guys were used to dumping tons of money into 'em. :)
    Scottie Sharpe
    Provider of Mass Air Flow Conversion Kits for BMWs
    www.scottiesharpe.com/store

88 Dinan-badged M5, M88 motor with BTP mass air flow conversion, Dinan Stage 4 suspention, Dinan 17x9.5 3pc wheels, 255/40 Conti Sport X 4, Racing Dynamics software, e34 rear brakes, B&B Stainless steel Exhaust, F&R LaDue stainless steel strut bars.
    91 318iC
    73 Bavaria
    67 1602 Ireland coil overs, brembo brakes, Dual Solex 40 PHH
    Do you BMWwikiwiki.com ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information