+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 91084 Striker1 is an unknown quantity at this point Striker1's Avatar

Yes | No

Year of 524td exhaust manifold modified to fit....

the E30.
    Hi guys,
    I have seen many posts about guys modifing the BMW 524td exhaust manifolds to fit the E30 for turbo charging. Can the guys who did please tell me which year of the 524td they were from? I did some research and saw that the 524td were produced from '83 to '86 so I am assuming it was from these years.
    For the guys who did can you please express your views on the results on the modification?

PS I tried contacting Mike McCoy without any luck

Many thanks,

Striker.

Registered Member
    Member No: 102480 DPDISXR4Ti is an unknown quantity at this point DPDISXR4Ti's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Year of 524td exhaust manifold modified to fit....

I'm pretty sure all of the 524 TD's have the same manifold. Assumming that you're in the states, good luck finding one of these cars in a wrecking yard, as very few were sold here. eBay may be your best bet. I've only ever come across one.

VWBMW

Yes | No

Found a complete 524td motor

at my local wreckers... I too would like to know if it will match up with an E30 head, M10 though. The manifold would obviously be cut & plugged. Thanks in advance!

Striker

Yes | No

You're right. I could'nt find any so for my turbo

project I will be implementing another idea. We will be starting the project the latter part of this week. I am using a bigger ball bearing turbo and have machined the divider so that it will kick in earlier at lower boosts.

I called the BMW dealers none of which stocks or orders the td manifold so we can't rely on that idea.
    We had to come up with an idea modifying another intake that will be readily available since we would be selling these as kits.
    You are right, not too many BMW turbo disels were imported into NA.

Thanks so much for your replies,

Striker.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information