+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bnl2002

Yes | No

Re: Thank you for the leads.

hey if you end up not being happy with Autoy for any reason(I have no experience with them), you should try out Dan Martin's Autoservice in Gaithersburg. It is a longer trip but I couldn't imagine bringing my car anywhere else. This shop knows what they are doing and are honest. Good luck with finding a shop closer to your house and let me know how they are.

Registered Member
    Member No: 91453 shaft509 is an unknown quantity at this point shaft509's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Highly rec'd Autoy in Rockville 301-770-0700

I just thought I'd put in my two cents about Dave Toy as I see that not all are pleased with his service. I went to Dave on a recommendation by Roger and am a very glad I did. There was an ominous tapping sound coming from the engine bay when at idle on my '97 328is so I took it to a shop that I had used in the past (up the street from AUTOY) They told me the VANOS system needed replacing at a cost of $960 parts and labor. I thought this was a bit much and so I called Dave. He was very courteous and suggested that we simply change the oil to full synthetic. He ordered the VANOS just in case and it was sitting on the counter by the time I dropped the car off. He also said the cost of replacing the VANOS (if needed) with parts and labor would be $650-a big difference. As a first time customer he did a thorough check of the entire car and made suggestions on what needed doing. I never felt that he was nickle and diming me with uneeded service, he was just making genuine suggestions for the long term health of the car. He kept me informed throughout the day and always handled the call himself. The upshot of this long post is the car runs like a top, VANOS did NOT need replacing (although it would have been very easy to tell me it did) and I feel confident that the car is in very good and honest hands. I have already recommended him to a co-worker. My .02

Shaft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information