ehdz4

Yes | No

Best dealership in Nor Cal

any opinions?

Registered Member
    Member No: 86547 eVal is an unknown quantity at this point eVal's Avatar

Yes | No

For service or sales?

Its not usually the same dealer that has the best/most honest sales as well as the best service dept. Nothern Cal is pretty big so you may want to be more specific if you are looking for service.

As far as I can say, East Bay BMW has treated several people I know very well in the sales dept. They were also straight up with me but I was a dummy and went with Weatherford sales who reneged on our deal :P

As for service, well I've had a bad time of it with not one, but two BMWs, taken to several dealerships around SF, so I'll refrain from making any recomendations except to strongly advise staying away from Sonnen in Marin. (One of the main issues with the dealers have been damage to the cars when in for service, fyi)

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©42 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I bought from Stevens Creek in San Jose.

After sending out several emails with a list of what I wanted and my price, they were the best. Avoid Niello in Sacramento for sales.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

gman10018

Yes | No

Re: Best dealership in Nor Cal

I bought my 2001 530 from a private party while still under factory warranty. My warranty work was done at Concord BMW and I was very haoppy with them. I had to have an engine replaced and they stood by me. I was impressed.

MMnSF

Yes | No

Sonnen BMW - Gives me excellent service.

Service from Sonnen on my '01 325Ci has been excellent.

Sonnen sales is more informal. I was in a few weeks ago - my salesman just handed me the keys to a black 330Ci w/Performance Package I wanted to road test. No BS with somebody coming along for the ride. Buy a car there, and it's like you're a member of the family.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Best dealership in Nor Cal

If I buy another it will be at Weatherford but only with 1 person there.
    For service Concord seems to be better. Weatherford has loaners though.
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

alt="Click for Lahaina, Hawaii Forecast" height=40 width=467>

Kevin Goto

Registered Member
    Member No: 14325 Ispep is an unknown quantity at this point Ispep's Avatar

Yes | No

None a good answer?

Actually, from a service POV, I've had lots of great luck with Claridge's (BMW of Fremont). There's an SA there named Donna Seeley that is great to work with. I'd avoid Joe Defrietas, because he doesn't seem to put in any effort to being a good SA. I've been in the waiting room several times and heard customers often arguing with him about things, and from personal experience with him, I can see why. Claridge's also will give you a BMW loaner without the need to make a reservation for one 2 weeks in advance like Allison BMW sometimes does. Peter Pan had good service, at least when I dealt with John Eggling or Nicole Nunes. There's one other SA at Peter Pan who is an arogant prick and was the reason I stopped going to Peter Pan despite it being about 5 minutes away. Also, Peter Pan never gave me a loaner car, just shuttle me to my destination. I would avoid Stealer's Creek for service, because they overcharge and I've had two experiences in which they were unable to finish the work they promised on time. BMWSF has decent service, but they only give you a $10 taxi voucher. The BMWSF bodyshop does good work, but they're very slow and can end up damaging other parts of your car - like scuffing the wheels or chipping/scratching other body panels. The body shop also doesn't communicate updates well with the clients. When it comes to parts, Patrick at Allison (BMW of Mountain View) is the best parts guy I've come across. When it comes to sales, I'd avoid Peter Pan, Stealer' Creek, BMWSF, and Weatherford. All three of those dealerships had salesmen that were extremely arrogant and often mark their cars up with crazy market adjustments. I found Claridge's to be the easiest to deal with when it came to sales. But as is the case with anything, YMMV.

DiS

Yes | No

Bad experience w/ Niello sales?

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©42 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes. The saleswomen just walked away from

us while we were sitting at her desk. I guess she was finished negotiating. We had already agreed on the price, but I was pushing for a break in the leasing costs. Car was sitting outside waiting, too. Only reason I take my car to Niello for service is because of the SA I deal with.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

[

Registered Member
    Member No: 86547 eVal is an unknown quantity at this point eVal's Avatar

Yes | No

good luck

they damaged my car on several occasions and from the feedback I've had from quite a few other people it doesnt seem unusual for them

they also do not have good word of mouth with many local body shops and other automotive professionals

michael

Yes | No

Re: None a good answer?

I'm thinking of buying a 1998 Z3, and want a great mechanic to check it out. I'm in Palo Alto, and could take it to Stevens, Allison, Peter Pan -- or anyone else. Who would you take it to for a thorough inspection? thanks,M

Registered Member

Yes | No

You mentioned great mechanics and the local dealer

in the area. Try again, search this norcal earlier for mechanics in the S.bay. some were listed.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

Registered Member
    Member No: 14325 Ispep is an unknown quantity at this point Ispep's Avatar

Yes | No

Could try an independent shop.

Lots of the best techs don't stay working at the dealership for a long time because they can make more money opening their own shop or working for a private shop.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

you're such a jerk kevin!

why must you put the updating hawaiian weather thingy at the bottom?!??!?
    must you rub it in that you got to go?
    and that you left viv and i behind here in cali :(
    j/k
    hope all is well!

88 528e Auto 140k and Climbing Drastically
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Speakers 4" Mid 1" Titanium Tweet With Crossovers, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: you're such a jerk kevin!

Comes with age and immaturity. I won't even mention the next trip there will be 2 weeks.
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

D323i

Yes | No

Another opinion of BMW of Fremont..

Donna is ok to work with but I think she's clueless on what type of maintenance is required on these cars. She had to ask several of her colleagues on how much services cost and still she got them wrong because I asked several other SA(s) and received different responses. She needs to be better trained and be more knowlegable on how much something costs. Overall, she's pretty pleasant to work with. Joe, on the other hand, is pretty clueless on how to maintain BMWs. He's been there for about a year and seems to be somewhat arrogant. I, too, have argued with Joe and he was dead wrong on what my issue was. This was even supported by the parts guy. Bruce Peters seems to be the best among the SAs there.

The problem with BMW of Fremont is that you have to wait and wait and wait. Supposedly, the desks are angled towards the driveway so they see customers pull in. What if they don't see you and you walk run in and sign in on the clipboard, which I've done before. You wait and wait and wait.

I wouldn't go to East Bay because they charge too much for parts. Fremont quoted me $490 for parts, East Bay quoted me over $650 for the same parts.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

that's why you get parts online :) you'll save so

much, dealer wanted 350 for my auto trans cooling lines (all three parts)
    got them online for 150 ish shipped, they got to me in 2 days
    good company down in LA
    very nice, professional
    if they don't have the parts on their homepage just give 'em a call and they'll find out about 'em
    e-mail for info if you want

Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Speakers 4" Mid 1" Titanium Tweet With Crossovers, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.

D323i

Yes | No

That's what I did

I bought my brake parts from Pacific and it saved me at least $150. Parts were $250 or $260 with shipping at ~ $60.

Registered Member

Yes | No

never heard of pacific, i get my parts from bma :)

the dealerships seem to love pillaging our wallets
    and take quite some time to get some parts for pre-90's bimmers

Registered Member

Yes | No

=O TWO WEEKS?! sigh... take us too!!!!!!

enjoy your trip
    i can babysit your baby while you're gone ;]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information