+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Uhhh, I don't even like wifey driving it ;-)

She hates BMWs anyway..
    Mt. Hamilton,San Jose, CA.2003
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

alt="Click for Lahaina, Hawaii Forecast" height=40 width=467>

Kevin Goto

D323i

Yes | No

Re: never heard of pacific, i get my parts from bma :)

Pacific BMW is located in Glendale, CA. Parts are discounted 30-40% off retail but only if you buy on-line, meaning calling them up on the phone. If you actually went to their dealership for parts, they will charge you their normal retail price. Stuff I bought are filters and brake parts.

Where is BMA located?

D323i

Yes | No

BTW: Pacific BMW has an ad in Roundel.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

i believe bma is located in the city of industry

it's down there near la, that's what i know for sure
    and i love their shipping =D
    my boss told me about a place here in the east bay area
    it's called "German Auto Salvage"
    they do VWs bimmers benzos etc.
    but he told me they know what they're talking about
    and their quoted prices were pretty competitive (some cheaper than bma)

-ian

88 528e Auto 140k and Climbing Drastically
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP (WELL WORTH IT), 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Speakers 4" Mid 1" Titanium Tweet With Crossovers, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing a 15" RF Sub and all speakers.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14325 Ispep is an unknown quantity at this point Ispep's Avatar

Yes | No

Donna is the newest SA

So I think that answers some of the problem, but I do like dealing with her because she is a BMW enthusiast. Crazy Joe is definitely the worst SA there right now. The best SAs I've ever dealt with at Claridge's were Bryan Glaus and Rich Deeds. Unfortunately, they left right before it turned into BMW of Fremont. The shop manager, Bert, is pretty good to talk to when it comes to figuring out what's wrong with your car.

D323i

Yes | No

Re: Donna is the newest SA

Yeah, Donna is an enthusiast but she should still know what she's selling. Bert is ok. What surprised me about Bert was that he didn't know the E46s had a problem with control arms / bushings, what it sounded like when it is about to go, and how you can tell if they have to be replaced.

subra

Yes | No

Re: For service or sales?

Hi,
    I would like to hear feedback on MS Eurpoean service center in Stevens Creek, San Jose. I need to get my window regulator replaced.

Appreciate your feedback.

the electrical guy...ibew
    Member No: the electrical guy...ibew's Avatar

Yes | No

BWAHAHAHAHA!

54444444b nnnnn xxxxxxxccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccccccccccc
    My new cat decided to post.

jcc

Yes | No

Re: Best dealership in Nor Cal

yea know you just have to go and look around and talk with the people at the dealerships. see if you like them. everybodys different. the people who rag the most, seem like nothing will make them happy. also when you go to check out a dealership. check your self out and how your coming across.

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: never heard of pacific, i get my parts from bma :)

Here they are, right from their site:

BMA Auto Parts
    1822 Victory Blvd.
    Glendale, CA 91201

Registered Member
    Member No: 42054 keller235 is an unknown quantity at this point keller235's Avatar

Yes | No

Nope, Glendale............

BMA Auto Parts
    1822 Victory Blvd.
    Glendale, CA 91201

Patrick is the man, as well as his bother Yves (owners)

JDJ

Yes | No

Consider Private Party Sale?

I've never purchased a BMW through either Neillo or Roseville BMW (Sacto region), but I have been there with others who were buying a car and didn't like the treatment we got. It almost seemed like we were 'bothering' them.

Keep in mind the dealer ALWAYS charges more (used cars is where they make their money)....but this mark up is an avoidable cost if you're willing to look elsewhere. Have you considered a private party sale? There are plenty of quality used BMWs (both new and old) on the private market and their pricing is typically a few grand less than what the dealer charges. If you were concerned about a certain used cars' overall condition through a private party sale, you could always take the car to an independent BMW shop and pay for a pre-purchase inspection. A really thorough one will be a couple hundred dollars....still much less than dealer mark up.

Just my $.02

Michael

Yes | No

Not in my case...

I found Sonnen while looking for an E39 (already had an E34). I found their sales staff very nice, and I have had excellent service with my E39. Now...that is said having endured horrible service at BMW of SF. All smiles and politeness, but when it comes to getting the job done at SF...I always ran into trouble. Not being able to verify the problem, seemed to be the chief complaint. I'm also tired of calling their parts counter and getting voicemail in the middle of the day. Any other BMW dealer and you get a "body" on the phone. I have also left detailed messages on the voicemail at SF, ie; and easy sale. Yet no one returns a call.

While my experience at Sonnen has been fantastic (diagnosing problems and not returning the car unrepaired), I can't vouch for your experience. I can however say that from my experience, do not have your repairs done at BMW of SF; you will end up frustrated and angered at the loss of your time.

GR123

Yes | No

Re: Another opinion of BMW of Fremont..

I recently had an awful experience at this dealer too. They use questionable sales tactics and they did not keep their promise to take care of something after the deal was complete. When a salesmen goes back on his word, there is nothing left to feel good about your purchase.

I expected more from BMW, these are the kind of tactics I find at the local low entry car dealer. Other friends have had good experiences at Berkeley or SF BMW.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23497 bayarea006 is an unknown quantity at this point bayarea006's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW of SF: Van Ness at Howard.

They have a large selection. Very polite and courteous sales reps.

Z8madness/Norcal

Yes | No

East Bay BMW (NOT Concord)

Zen

Yes | No

Re: Another opinion of BMW of Fremont..

BMW of Fremont has the most terrible service and attitude. I got 30,000 mile maintenance notification letter from them and brought my car there with appointment. They refused to do warranty service because the previous service was ONLY 11.5 months ago, which they said isn't enough and the oil change light does not turn yellow yet. The worst part is they know my warranty is about the expire in a few days and recommend me to buy extended warranty. They are just cold, cheap and discriminating, especially against Asians I think.

KitW

Yes | No

I had so so luck with East Bay BMW

My 05 M3 was delivered to me without manuals, which took over 6 weeks to get to me. I never got a bluetooth pairing card. I also had a defective autodimming mirror and a defective bluetooth unit, which they didn't catch.

Salesperson promised me a loaner and didn't follow through with it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 98366 04fourpointfour is an unknown quantity at this point 04fourpointfour's Avatar

Yes | No

Weatherford in Emeryville, customer since '87;

Between myself and my family, we've purchased 6 cars from Weatherford. I have never had a problem with sales or service. No one seems to outdo the deals I get from them. BMW of SF gets irritated whenever I go there to negotiate with a price from Weatherford.

Registered Member
    Member No: 98366 04fourpointfour is an unknown quantity at this point 04fourpointfour's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW of SF dinged my X5 and never apologized.

I question the quality and Customer Service of management/ownership. However the body shop there and some of the SA's are first rate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information