+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 81492 jeanno is an unknown quantity at this point jeanno's Avatar

Yes | No

Where should I go to repair this ?.......

Where do you think I should go to repair this kind of scratches : Should I go to the stealer, should I trust the local body/paint shop ? Can you recommend somebody in the Dallas area ?

On a different note, I am coming back from a 1500 miles road trip (during which I managed to scratch my bumper f#ck, f$ck, [email protected] !!!!),
    I didn't have any problem with the car, the only thing is that on 2 different occasions I had to drive under very very heavy rain (with 2 passengers + luggages), this car felt so unsafe it really pisses me off, I mean this is the best handling car in it's category under dry conditions and under heavy rain it feels like you're driving a bathtube on 4 pieces of soap and that you're going to crash at the next turn...
    (I have only 8000 miles on my Michelin PS and 19' wheels)

I am just venting, I love this car but it still pisses me off that I am so scared I am going to trash a $60,000 car each time I get caught under heavy rain !

Registered Member
    Member No: 26682 bm75204 is an unknown quantity at this point bm75204's Avatar

Yes | No

I have similar damage...

I'm probably going to take mine to Concours over by John Roberts, though I've heard great things about German Technologies in Euless. My 540i got lightly hit 3 times in the first 3 months I had it, resulting in bumper repaints for the front and rear, and I took it to Classic BMW's own body shop. They did a perfect job and matched my Sterling Grey paint flawlessly (I was concerned about that), but it was $524 for each bumper. Fortunately I wasn't paying, but that's a lot for a repaint.

Dallas, Texas

2003 BMW 540i 6-speed ~ Sterling Gray/Black
    M5 Bumpers w/Style-37 18" M-Parallel Wheels
    Dinan Stage I Software ~ Hardwired V1 Radar
    Eisenmann Exhaust ~ Sunshades ~ CDVectomy
    Digital Sound ~ 30% Tint ~ M5 Rear Sway Bar

2004 BMW 330Ci Convertible ~ Triple Black
    SMG/Sport/Premium/Xenons/Heated Seats/35% Tint

Retired: E39 530i, SL500 AMG Sport, E46 328Ci

Registered Member
    Member No: 13509 lincoln30 is an unknown quantity at this point lincoln30's Avatar

Yes | No

GTI or Stuarts

GTI is the best, Stuarts is a close 2nd. I can't recommend Concours since they are average and nothing more. I've used them 4 times over the years I lived in Dallas and all 3 times the outcome was OK but it took multiple return visits on each repair for them to get it right. I never got out of there on any single job without needing to bring the car back to them at least 3 more times and then deal with getting rides to and from or getting another rental car...just a real PITA IMHO to throw a few acronyms out there.
    You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely! - Ogden Nash

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information