+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 325i Brakes

Registered Member
    Member No: 113262 lbrewer is an unknown quantity at this point lbrewer's Avatar

Yes | No

325i Brakes

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Sugar Land (suburb of Houston) who can replace my rear brakes on my 2001 325i? Momentum BMW wants over $500 to do it and after paying over $540 for my first maintenance, I can't afford it right now. Also, my warning light just came on for the brakes; how many miles can I go before I absolutely must have them replaced?

(Sorry, I'm a woman who knows nothing about cars so I can't do it myself, so please don't suggest it.)

Registered Member
    Member No: 18144 JRX5 is an unknown quantity at this point JRX5's Avatar

Yes | No

try F2 Motorwerks on Memorial

it's right past dairy ashford i think. next to a bubbles car wash. Ask for fernando...He owns the shop. all the mechanics used to work at Momentum BMW and the labor is priced well.

Registered Member
    Member No: 113262 lbrewer is an unknown quantity at this point lbrewer's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: try F2 Motorwerks on Memorial

Thank you for the information. I took my car to another mechanic tonight here in Sugar Land and was unsure whether to take it back. He walked around my car and visually inspected my brakes. He said that my brakes had "shiny" spots and it appeared that they needed the rotors turned "again" even though I have never had the brakes replaced. I only have about 22,000 miles on the car. He gave me a quote of $140 to replace the rear brakes with an additional $240 if the rotors need to be turned. Does this sound reasonable to you?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information