+ Reply to Thread
    Joe

Yes | No

Reprogramming the ECM

For GM cars, there are at least two companies who offer software capable of reprogramming the computer controlling the fuel injection system. This includes all look-up tables and turning off and on the control "flags".

Are there any companies offering software with this capability or users groups doing this.
    from what I understand the BMW file sizes are much smaller and efficient than the GM equivalents (especially the early Motronic 1.1 which only have a 2k memory prom holding the program and tables) so the decompiling wouldn't be much of task.

I'm a mechanical type and software isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks,

Joe

Striker

Yes | No

Re: Reprogramming the ECM

Joe, the're a few guys reprogramming the OBII 95-2003 BMW's here in Ontario Canada. One of the guys I know doing it went to Germany, purchased the rig and is doing it sucessfully. He pays quite a bit for his files but from what I have heard, it's really worth it.
    I will get my 2003 325i E46 done soon.

Striker.

Paul E

Yes | No

Re: Reprogramming the ECM

Nick G in Fla is THE ecu tuner for BMWs.. . get contact info at techniquetuning.com . He does canned programs, custom road tuning, remote tuning, and custom dyno tuning.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information