+ Reply to Thread
    , ,

Yes | No

NAV Q: Canal @ Chain "vehicle restricted area"?

I've already posted this question on E46&E83 boards but I thought I'd give it a try here. Thanks in advance for your help.

Three times so far when I was driving down from the beltway heading Georgetown on Canal Rd, and right before I got to the intersection of Chain Bridge, the NAV first announced '...bear right to enter the vehicle restricted area' and shortly after it decalred 'You have arrived. Your destination is in the vehicle restricted area." and stopped navigating as if I've arrived.

Has anyone experience this? Maybe the road is too close to the Potomac so the NAV thought I went off road? Or there's problem in the data?

I have an X3 with 06/04 built date.

John C
    , ,

Yes | No

Re: NAV Q: Canal @ Chain

Yes, The DVD NAV on my 745 does this for the entire run of route 66 inside the Beltway. There is no roads shown on the map. Just a blank area where rt 66 and all roads crossing it should be. This happened on both the 2002-1 AND 2004-2 version of the DVD. I emailed the manufacturer and they said it was a BMW Software implementation problem. I never brought it up to the dealer.

John C

'03 745i sport
    '03 X3 3.0L

Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 61417 longjc is an unknown quantity at this point longjc's Avatar
    Yes | No

My factory navigation (E36 M3) is Navisys based

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information