+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 113792 nodriver is an unknown quantity at this point nodriver's Avatar

Yes | No

Opinions on BMW of Roseville

Helle everyone, I'm a Service Advisor for a BMW store in the northwest and I'm going to be relocating to the Roseville area.

I'm interested in taking a position at the BMW store in Roseville but I was hoping you guys would give me your opinions on what you think of the store.

You know.. just the standard stuff.. Are they adequately staffed, what's it like to get loaners, what's it like to call them on the phone, do they have good technicians, or good advisors, how big is the shop, and is it big enough to handle the work load.. etc,etc,etc..

What would you like to see changed?

but mostly I'd be interested in hearing your own raw thoughts on the store. I haven't contacted them yet to discuss employment. I've been an advisor for BMW for about 6 years and would prefer to stay with them, but if the store is trouble, then I'd look elsewhere.

Thank you for input.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104512 flyride is an unknown quantity at this point flyride's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Opinions on BMW of Roseville

Roseville is an Autonation store. Some here have professed top-down issues with the company.

I bought a CPO '01 530 from Roseville because a meaningful price opportunity presented itself while out on a browsing day. They are also reasonably convenient for me and have serviced the car on warranty/CPO items.

I was told to expect negative issues with service, but my experience has been positive overall. I found a particular SA that I worked well with and stuck with him.

My contract said "no loaners" (a negotiating concession) but I am able to get them through the SA. Roseville maintains a small loaner inventory, so about 50% of the time I get a rental, and it is not tied to my vehicle model.

The service outcomes have been positive, although their long-term shop foreman was recently hired by my indie shop! We'll see what happens there.

Good luck with your inquiry.

Tim
    2001 530iA Sport/Premium (Alpine III/Sand/Xenons/Step/PDC/rain/shades/sport seats/changer)
    Upgrades (in order): Ultimate Cupholders, Saab trunk lid handle, in-dash CD, PIAA blue-tinted brights, Osram Diadem turns, M-Technic front bumper, M5 electrochromatic mirrors, coin holder delete, Euro-style leather armrest, M5 dead pedal, M5 rear swaybar

Registered Member
    Member No: 61686 JR17835durrell is an unknown quantity at this point JR17835durrell's Avatar

Yes | No

my experiences....(long)

I used to manage a BMW related company for 4 years that did business with Roseville BMW. In short, They have had a very high rate in turnover in many depts( I believe this occured soon after the Vanderbeeks sold out to Auto Nation). The sales people seem to stick with their jobs though ( low volume sales anyway)I have heard from friends though that there are several SA's that are courteous and professional
    We had a very protracted issue with them last year that was the final nail in the coffin. They simply didnt pay there bills and one of the service advisors there I believe it was either Chris Cubberly or the other Chris...dont remember his last name, but this issue was one of the reasons he was removed from his position.
    It was a simple situation that was about ethics and principles and many of the executives there simply covered up and flat out lied...Sounds bad, I know!
    They have a reputation here in Sacramento as being very very poor in customer service. I've been an enthusiast owner here since 1997 and I can recall when they ran my credit after giving them my info. (when I was simply looking at a new BMW) without authorization and the treatment I was given over a period of years as I went to look at new BMW models as they came to market. Of course they knew me and saw that I always had a new BMW and they didnt sell it to me. (Also it didnt help my popularity that I wrote a leter to BMW NA and complained about then running my credit)
    I have never taken my current E39 M5 nor my E46 m3 to them for service.
    I took my E36 m3 coupe there for an oil change back in 1999 ( when Niello was overbooked due to their expansion in the service and repair areas) and they simply didnt replace the oil, but everything else had been completed and they stated it was my error. I went to Niello and they gave me a 50% discount on an oil change.

Call anyone in service or even Terry Caudle himself at Niello and ask them this same question...they'll professionally give you an earfull.

DR- Granite Bay, Ca.

nodriver

Yes | No

Re: my experiences....(long)

I wonder if I should be looking at indipendent shops instead.

D323i

Yes | No

How did you know they didn't change your oil?

Did you check the oil right after they handed back your keys? If so, they have a lot of nerve in charging you a service that was never finished.

Registered Member
    Member No: 61686 JR17835durrell is an unknown quantity at this point JR17835durrell's Avatar

Yes | No

becuase after I drove the car away ...

I checked the oil level and it was fine all though nice and black...
    I waited there for the service to be finished too. I never went back there for service again. Always go to Niello BMW

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: my experiences....(long)

Maybe so.
    You should go to Roseville or call a few service advisors or whomever you feel you should gather info from. Call Tom Hood if you need to. I think he's still the GM at Roseville. Call Niello BMW also.
    Lubo's is a good shop. There is another shop called Western Engineering that is little known but very hardcore. There in Elk Grove I believe. Schatz and Krum are also pretty good too.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

hey tim, is that you busting the power slide?

in the .gif? just wondering....
    that's pretty damn sexy man, your poor tires =O

-ian

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Registered Member
    Member No: 91254 BigJoe42 is an unknown quantity at this point BigJoe42's Avatar

Yes | No

I, and many other bimmer-buds, haven't had very good experiences there with my vehicles. Look for work at Neillo BMW in Sacramento instead if you can. Much better from a customer stand-point. They actually know the meaning of customer service.

The Barn;
    - 2003 X5 3.0i
    - 2000 R 1100 S <-- my 'other' toy :o)
    - 1999 323is
    - 1990 750il

Registered Member
    Member No: 129985 JenniferBond is an unknown quantity at this point JenniferBond's Avatar

Yes | No

Pretty much anytime I've talked with the parts dept. they've been rude and acted like I'm inconveniencing them. I just spent over $500.00 on various items, filters, keys, trim etc for my 5 series and every time I was VERY unimpressed by the treatment at the parts counter.

I've dealt with Jeff at the service counter once, he seemed very friendly.

Would I let them service my BMW?... umm NO!!!

Would I buy a part there if I needed it? yes but I would do it knowing that they have no clue about customer service and they can't be counted on for the answer to a question. Case in point, I called to ask about ordering a pair of M5 kidney grills to replace the stock ones on my 528i hood. The parts yahoo promptly told me I'd have to replace my hood with an M5 hood if I wanted to use those grills. He asked if I wanted him to price an M5 hood for me. When I replied that I had put several of these grills on various cars he put me on hold for about 10 minutes then came back with a price and was rude and short in doing so.

They'll not get my business... especially when they just quoted me $300.00 more for a 100,000 service than the other local shop has.

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Western Engineering is a wonderful shop, but

I believe it's a one-man shop. I don't remember seeing anyone else working there.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

ECR 03 M

Yes | No

I've had several bad experiences with them as well. It's been so long since I started boycotting them( since spring 2003)- maybe they have more friendly people working there now. There sales people were rude. There treatment in service dept was like you owned a $5,000 car.
    The car washers there were the most professional. Actually the receptionist was...friendly :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information