+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 12943 Konstantin is an unknown quantity at this point Konstantin's Avatar

Yes | No

GEICO claim center, any experience?

I have a damage to my car, is there any difference if I leave a car at my friend's body shop and have Geico adjuster to come see it or if I go to their drive-in claim center?
    I wanna know if they would give me a lower price estimate if I go to their place or it really does not matter?

Also, they are giving me an either Neon or Focus as a loaner, I've tried telling them that it was not the same class car and it's not as safe as my car (e39) but they say that's all they can do. Can I get a better car from them? Repair will take about 5 days, I don't wanna drive a Neon. No way.
    :(

Anthony

Yes | No

Re: GEICO claim center, any experience?

I have had two experieces with Geico. First, I believe you are stuck with the neon. My previous e36 was damaged in a hit and run and I brought it to my local BMW dealer. Before doing some initial repairs they offered me a loaner car (that Geico would reimburse them for) and it was a 1997 Dodge Neon with 112,000 miles on it. Their exact words, "we will give you a comparable car to drive so you won't be inconvienced...." ( I had a 1998 328i with only 18k at the time. To make a long story short, with Geico I was given a Dodge Neon and a Dodge Stratus to drive.....no very flattering, but it got me around.

Todd

Yes | No

Take the car directly to the body shop and let them deal with Geico. Regarding the rent car, Allstate tried the same on me, and when I said the word "K-Clinic" they gave me a luxury class rental.

Todd

Yes | No

Re: rental cars

auslander

Yes | No

You can go to the drive in. The initial estimate is just that. An estimate. Your friends shop will simply turn in a supplement if any additional damage is found.(90% of claims will have a supplement for parts price differences and the like)Although, Geico's direct repair shops in St Louis are required to have a lifetime waranty on the repair... The neon is what you signed up for when you started the policy. Something like 30 bucks a day is what theyll cover. Pay a little out of pocket($5/day for a better ride). Then change your policy to upgrade your rental(thay almost try and talk you out of this cuz it only raises you premium $30-$50/year. But it costs them out the rear for just a few day repair

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information