+ Reply to Thread
    Greenpants

Yes | No

The Show & Shine

Hey was that a "class" event or what ? The burgers & the cars were good too .Would have been nice to say hi to more of you NE board people, baybe next time.
    Mike....greenpants

cla214

Yes | No

Re: The Show & Shine

Saw a whole bunch of bimmers caravaning back towards MA on 95S. Couldn't make it unfortunately, sounds like it was a good one...

datmz3

Yes | No

It was a definite 3-series show

Registered Member
    Member No: 50416 YKK is an unknown quantity at this point YKK's Avatar

Yes | No

Damn! Shoulda showed up with my M Coupe.

too busy, argg...

Registered Member
    Member No: 98876 jal325i is an unknown quantity at this point jal325i's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: The Show & Shine

Who saw the Red E30 340??? The V8 crammed in there, that was sick, too bad the kid i talked to about it didnt know more about it. he was just repping it for the mechanic of turner motorsport in Amesbury MA. sweet ride though, and tons of E30 M3's and other awsome BMW's Also half the show is the cars parked on the street, great time though.

datmz3

Yes | No

Good turnout of Z3's, coupe/roadster, m/non-m

Registered Member
    Member No: 60903 vze33jng is an unknown quantity at this point vze33jng's Avatar

Yes | No

HELLROT?

'87 528e "is" 196k
    '88 M5 192k

mfiftified

Yes | No

Roundel was there taken pics

Perhaps Dec. issue will have some more info on the show too. I have pics but haven't got them off the camera yet. I really really really wish they would have class prizes, like best older 3, newer 5, mid 7, etc., not just best interior, exterior, show. I don't like that super new cars will best of show, are they suppost to be junked out? I like the 2800cs, and some of the other odd ones. There were some e24's with some killer interiors. The Skip Barber prize was nice this year, and the drag show afterwards. Anyone have the video?

Registered Member
    Member No: 98876 jal325i is an unknown quantity at this point jal325i's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: HELLROT?

Yeah, thats the one, prety sick...

Registered Member
    Member No: 102312 w00tw00t is an unknown quantity at this point w00tw00t's Avatar

Yes | No

kids a moron.

i hate those stupid speed shops.

schneller is great, turner too.. they know stuff and dont put a moron out front to show it off. that kids just sweeps the floor for whatever shop he had the buiness card for, and tried to act like he knew something.

by the way... whats up with showing your car... if it sucks? i dont mean cars i dont like, i mean cars that are dirty. dirty in worksmanship and appearance. peeling paint loose wires?

if im showing my car, its going to be perfect. its an impression upon myself, i think. you see a dirty car, with sloppy worksmanship, why show it??

i could have shown mine this year or last, but its not up to the level i consider show quality, so maybe next year it will be done... its presenty being stripped on weekends for the bodyshop.

lets just say there were a few e30s that were messes, that someone tried to make look good. not cool.

at least the messy e28 had the worst of show plaque, and he obviosly didnt care.“If it was not for r3vlimited my car would still be stock.”
    -James, R3V Member

--im sure.

benny- in hibernation, awaiting restoration

Registered Member
    Member No: 92707 540sport is on a distinguished road 540sport's Avatar

Yes | No

I had a great time too. Sorry I missed you guys.

I was not planning on going due to a Saturday night wedding in western MA. With little fancy planning I was able to dump the wife, blow out of the reception and head to my mechanics house for the night. We left around 7am and then meandered (yeah right) up to Portsmouth and arrived about 8am. My car was on the left side of the building by the woods next to my mechanics supercharged 540.

I walked a few laps around the building and saw Tan's green touring but he wasn't around. His was the only car I recognized. Did you guys see the black Z8 in the back, I spent some time talking to that couple. I also liked the Mini with the full John Cooper Works kit, the Hellrot V8 3 series, which I've seen before (that thing sounded nice leaving). There were a bunch of nice M3's, a few nice old 2002's, a few euro imports of interest and a few really rare cars.

Those NY guys up front in the 3's said they came from ********** and they were stuffing the ballot boxes all day. They WERE into IT, whatever it was!? That's the first time I was able to make this show and I had agreat time.Vin
    98 540i 6speed, Dinan S1
    Dinan Stage 3 suspension, Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, front and rear strut braces & exhaust. M5 brakes, Stoptech SS lines , Axxis Deluxe pads, 3.15 Quaiff differential. Dinan CAI, MAF meter housing, stage 4 software & floormats. UUC short shifter, CDV delete, M5 mirrors & lit shift knob. AE halogens, smoked celis tails and 2 ultimate cupholders.
    Member BMW CCA, Boston Chapter

Registered Member
    Member No: 114671 legalZ1 is an unknown quantity at this point legalZ1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: kids a moron.

Pack the trap. The kid was there because the owner had a previous engagement with his daughter. Anyway, there are plenty of other owners who fit the profile you present including the idiots who opened and closed the doors on my Z1 without asking. Not sure I'll bring the car next year.

Registered Member
    Member No: 102312 w00tw00t is an unknown quantity at this point w00tw00t's Avatar

Yes | No

your z1! that things the "man"

who would ever expect to see it there. that thing needed to be on the grass or out front, screw out back.

how many of those... are therE?“If it was not for r3vlimited my car would still be stock.”
    -James, R3V Member

--im sure.

Registered Member
    Member No: 79221 OAB is an unknown quantity at this point OAB's Avatar

Yes | No

Enjoyed meeting you too (the Z8 Couple)

Registered Member
    Member No: 29070 jackbaggins is an unknown quantity at this point jackbaggins's Avatar

Yes | No

Loved the show, could have done w/o the

car stereo and strobe light crowd, but what can ya do?

85 535i
    90 325is

Registered Member

Yes | No

derek, where was your car?

“If it was not for r3vlimited my car would still be stock.”
    -James, R3V Member

--im sure.

Registered Member
    Member No: 79266 thematrixz is an unknown quantity at this point thematrixz's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice Z8, I think it was the only one there...more

I took a picture of your car with the hood up, I'll post it here later with some other pictures.

I wan't thrilled with the strobe lights either on the NY cars, but did see an interesting idea in the 528i, the guy installed a 7" wide screen LCD on the Euro armrest (flip up with storage).

Tan

1999 540ITA Sports, Dinan CAI & software. M5 rear swaybar. Debadged for you pleasure.
    Phatbox now installed + in-dash CD

Registered Member
    Member No: 29070 jackbaggins is an unknown quantity at this point jackbaggins's Avatar

Yes | No

parked on constitution road ;)

next year I'll show my 325is......it's getting paint very very soon.

85 535i
    90 325is

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information