+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 75805 Faisal_in_Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point Faisal_in_Laurel's Avatar

Yes | No

A morning at Tischer BMW.

My steering wheel developed a shimmy again a week ago. The same symptoms as the Thrust Arm Bushings going south. A bit surprised that they were replaced on April 10th 2004.

Inspected the rotors and pads...all fine.

Made an appointment at Tischer and went in this morning. They took the car for a drive to see what is going on.

I am waiting in the lounge..This guy walks up and asks "Dude..What year is that?". "It's a 97" I say. "A 1997? I thought they stopped making ///M1 a long time ago?", he said. I said "Oh..It's not an ///M1. Its a 840 Ci".
    "Man, It is one sick ride", he exclaimed. "Thank you", I nodded.

So the car comes back after the drive. I am told that the Thrust Arm bushing are shot (Leaking?). I said "How can it be shot when it was replaced by you last April?". He said "Oh? Let me take a look". He looked through the service records and found the invoice and verivied it was done. So I questioned "Hay! Was it Pre-Loaded when it was put on the last time? The only way it could fail is if it was not preloaded. The weight of the car should have been on it before it was torqued".

He looked at me with a slightly stunned eyes and asked me to wait a second as he went on to talk to the Tech who did it the last time. Then he came back and said "Ok Sir, We will replace the bushings under warrenty and make sure to preload them this time. Please wait in the lounge and we will call you when it is ready".

A long boaring while later my car was done. They even rebalanced the wheels. And I was out the door. The car is without shimmy now and I am happy.

Not bad Tischer....Not bad at all, But wish it was done correctly the first time.

"I am no expert...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once."

Registered Member
    Member No: 58225 marinakorp is an unknown quantity at this point marinakorp's Avatar

Yes | No

don't you love it when you have to tell the

mechanics how to do the work properly... gets me every time

glad to see that they did right by you

Sport Package, DSP, Xenons, 2 tone BLK/GREY Interior,

Modifications:

Powerchip Gold 93,M5 rear sway
    Shadow Badged, Shadow Chrome Grill,

short_desc

pseto1

Yes | No

DIRTFT!!

I'm headed to Tischer next week for regular maintenence and we'll see what they find. They're normally pretty good as I've had them service 2 cars now.

Registered Member
    Member No: 75805 Faisal_in_Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point Faisal_in_Laurel's Avatar

Yes | No

They are pretty good with cars that are familier

to them. They did great jobs on E38 and E32 but not very familier with the E31.

However there is a tech named Steve at Tischer who is one of MD's best BMW techs.

1997 BMW 840Ci (For Sale Details).

"I am no expert...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once."

Zareen Shaukat

Yes | No

Re: A morning at Tischer Acura of Laurel MD.

I am very upset at the service ar the Ticher Acura of Laurel MD. Thay have had my car for 2 weeks and returned it to me with a broken oil pan and are saying it is not their fault. I started driving out of the dealership and ran over nothing and 5 minutes later my oil light came on and my car started smoking. Please help, I am a very loyal cutomer and hope Tischer will fix this. Thank you.

John in VA

Yes | No

Not many techs are familiar w/ E31s...

because of the low volume production.
    The 8 or so 8ers at last year's Deutsche Marque Concours was a stunning collection.
    Hope to see you and the group in Vienna next weekend!

John in VA
    '74 2002tii

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sorry Zareen. I have no affiliation with Tischer

Especially the Tischer Acura in Laurel. The only thing I can say is if you are not happy with the service....Escalate it. Not sure about Acura but BMWNA is fairly forthcoming with solutions. Try to contact Acura Corporate for North America Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238.

HTH.

Click to join DCMETRO_E31

kathryn carrington

Yes | No

Why don't you entice would be car buyers to your dealership by offering them a free signed copy of one of my many books. I would love to come in and sign copies.

FF1

Yes | No

These guys are extremely rude all the time. Horrible service and think a flat tire can be fixed with beer and a couch. Scams are a daily occurance from spot delivery scams to straw purchase scams.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information