+ Reply to Thread
    Harlan Malter

Yes | No

Quick Hardtop question

I am picking up my hardtop tomorrow for my 2003 M3 (from a private party) What do the connections look like on the hardtop? I had an e36 hardtop and there were thick pins that went into the body. It DOES NOT appear that my E46 M3 has any place for pins to be inserted. Any help would be much appreciated as I am leaving for my 2 hr drive to pick it up tomorrow.

I already have the electrical mounting parts that were in the hardtop prep kit. Just trying to figure out how the hardtop attaches to the body. Thanks in advance!

Registered Member
    Member No: 6134 davidos is an unknown quantity at this point davidos's Avatar

Yes | No

Same- thick twist pins at rear- (m)

Pins (at rear)go into receiving holes under removable plastic panels. Open top cover slightly and remove small panels. You will see holes.

Harlan Malter

Yes | No

Installing Hardtop kit

Has anyone ever mounted the hardtop kit...how in the world did you a) get back to where the electrical connections are and b) get to the screws underneath the mounting brackets. I am pulling my hair out trying to get it in tonight to pick up my hardtop tomorrow. Any answers ASAP would be great. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 6134 davidos is an unknown quantity at this point davidos's Avatar

Yes | No

Nope-mine factory install-sorry

robnsn

Yes | No

Mine were hard to remove...they are the small ..

(about the size between quarter and 50cent piece). You have to reach underneath and push up. Go ahead and order another set from dealer in case you lose this set during the winter. Sorry I can't help more, mine was factory installed 04.

Unregistered

Yes | No

Dead beat dad

a little less time on your car and hobbies and maybe giving your daughter a home and some food.....loser!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Malter View Post
    I am picking up my hardtop tomorrow for my 2003 M3 (from a private party) What do the connections look like on the hardtop? I had an e36 hardtop and there were thick pins that went into the body. It DOES NOT appear that my E46 M3 has any place for pins to be inserted. Any help would be much appreciated as I am leaving for my 2 hr drive to pick it up tomorrow.

I already have the electrical mounting parts that were in the hardtop prep kit. Just trying to figure out how the hardtop attaches to the body. Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.108.9.160

Unregistered

Yes | No

Harlan Malter

Harlan Malter of Saposh & Malter in NYC........
    dead beat dad.....dumped his family in california with nothing....
    BB & N......class of 1988.....
    has anyone seen him?
    He claims to be living in his car....investors beware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    a little less time on your car and hobbies and maybe giving your daughter a home and some food.....loser!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.108.9.160

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information