+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jay Barrows

Yes | No

Re: NEW TIRES AT 7700 MILES?? WTF

I am replacing mine at 15500 miles. Rears are bald. I have had 5 vVVetts last being an 02 Z06 and got 22,000 out of thise run flats, not sure ethier but the CTS eats them up.

Sugarbear

Yes | No

New tires on my CTS after 19,500 miles. Car has not been driven over 60 miles per hour. Rotated @9,000. Checked with my local tire guy. He just replaced a set of Goddyears on a CTS lsat week for severe cupping. Could not true the tires. Somwthing is amiss with the tires. Alignment is fine with wear both front and back. Any thoughts?

Tom W.

Yes | No

I have now put on 3.5 sets of tires on my 2003 CTS. The first 2.5 sets were Goodyears and the last set is BF Goodrich Traction TA. The Goodrich tires have 20k miles and are now severly cupped. The Goodyears only lasted about 12k. I beleive that there is something wrong with the setup on the car. I have aligned the car faithfully and rotated the tires on schedule. I have owned performance cars in the past and did not experience this type of problem. I would welcome some solid suggestions to help with this problem.

EGH`

Yes | No

Went thru F1s in 19,000 highway miles - dropped run flat in favor of Contionentals - bought 5th wheel - just fits in well.

Now have 25K on Continentals - looking strong. Expect anoth 15K from them.

Oh, I also dropped one speed level - tires costs less than $200 each

curler

Yes | No

Re: I think something is wrong!!!

had problems for a long time on my tires, complained, , seriously started complaining at 20,000 miles. CALLED cadillac at 28,000 miles, they agreed to pay half for my tires.....$600 tires would cost me $300 and an alignment and what ever would cost me $100 for a total of $400, got the tires put on and home, noticed NOT the same tires called around they put $90 dollar tires on my car!!!!!!SO IN REALITY I PAID FOR MY OWN TIRES!I've called cadillac 2 days in a row now and NOT getting a return call....called the dealership they said they'd call me back when I said i want $150 tire put on my car or half of the money back....first of all i would not of put on $90 tires in the first place.THIS IS CADILLAC QUALITY?What happened to the bumper to bumper warranty INCLUDIND TIRES!

curler

Yes | No

had problems with my tires, first alignment a 3000 miles, started to complain at 20,000 miles. Seriously started to complain at 28,000 miles (Shouldn't of been driving on them for a long time-to stubborn to replace myself)Called cadillac, they agreed to replace 50/50 i didn't mind paying fifty percent. $600 tires would cost me $300 and the dealer said another $100 for alaignment. Cadillac sent the tires to the dealership. put on , paid and went home, after looking at tires and noticing not the same, called around to get prices and decovered they put $90 tires on my car...in reality I PAID FOR MY OWN TIRES! called dealership and said i had $150 tire on my car want it replace d with a $150 tire, they said cadillac sent them the tire would call them and they would call me back, 3 days later they haven't called me back, i've called cadillac 2 and they have not returned my phone call yet!I'm getting really angry any suggestions?

curler

Yes | No

cadillac has chosen to help me. THANKS CADILLAC!!

curler

Yes | No

Re: I think something is wrong!!!

Cadillac has helped me solve my problem, THANKS CADILLAC!

Don T

Yes | No

03 CTS, 5 speed, sport pkg. Wife drives car daily and @ 40K miles buying 4th set of tires. 2 x Goodyear RA's and 1 Mich. Am so upset. Had alignments done, rotated 3K or less, pressure monitored. Hot roads in S. GA must be coated with my rubber.

Don't know whether to go cheap, but think I'll try Bridgestone. Don't want to compromise safety for $.

Registered Member
    Member No: 35583 mutlu is an unknown quantity at this point mutlu's Avatar

Yes | No

Mine were gone at 5200. Got a new set and will be putting them on before heading up to Laguna Seca Sept. 10th and 11th.

Dealer quoted me 599 a piece and I found some barely used ones for 650 for all four including shipping.

Even though they wear fast they handle really nicely.

Dustin

Yes | No

My mother in-law is in a law suite with GM because she has had them put on 2 sets of tires and change the suspension but the front tires are already wore out after 21,000 miles on the third set. GM offered to rotate and balance and change the oil for free up to 51,000 miles or let her trade the car in and give her $2000 to trade upto a sts.

John

Yes | No

I've got 20,00 on my V. I changed tires at 18000. They went so fast because I had a couple of days at the track. That really ate the rubber. As another writer said. You don't need to have wheel spin to wear out the rubber. High g turns, quick starts and stops, even without noticable whell slippage will take a toll on the rubber. Plus they are made with a high friction (read soft) rubber to give better handling.

My solution , however dumb, is to own 3 sets of tires. I have my street tires which are OEM run flats. I have a set of Snow tires (Minnesota winters require them). I have a set of GS D3's for the track.

The non run flats are about $100 per tire less expensive. So using them up at the track will in the long run cost less. Plus I am getting 1.02 g turns out of them.

Scott Ramsey

Yes | No

I'm considering buying a CTS V to replace my Vette because of children on the way. Sounds like the tire issue is rather significant, if you were in my position and could do it all over again would you purchase the vehicle? I'm the type that would sacrife some handling capabilities for a harder compound tire.

Cat denton

Yes | No

Re: NEW CTS Buyer Confused Needs Help PLEASE!!

I am thinking of purchasing a new CTS v6 4 liter ( all I can afford right now) and all I really know about them is that they drive nice and look very classy. Does anyone have any advice for me, I drive a Jeep right now that I really like, but I wanted to upgrade my car. DO you think I am making a mistake.. From one confused new buyer to a curreny or previous CTS owner. I really apreciate you advice...

John

Yes | No

I've had my V for about 1.5 years now. I would do it again in a flash. It makes every drive I take a joy. I haven't had the tire wear problems that others are talking about. It was an awesome day when I spent the morning at the track running with a bunch of porsches. (I was faster than the novice Porsche drivers but slower than the experienced drivers.) After I left the track I drove home changed, picked up my wife who put on her gown and we went to the orchastra.

The V was equally at home on the track and at the Concert. A great car.

Jay

Yes | No

As all of us CTS-V owners learned soon after the purchase of our vechicle, the Goodyear run-flats only last an average of 10,000 miles. I was also very surprised when I brought my car in for what I thought was going to be a front right tire replacement and/or rotation only to find out that Goodyear tire could not rotate my tires because of what they said was "down to the bar" tires. Yes, all four. I did purchase four new tires for a hefty price of approximately $400.00 each. As of today, I have around 5K on my new tires. However, I am now thinking that I will change to Michelin's and purchase a spare rim and tire the next time around. The Goodyear F1's are soft and help the car to handle great, but the cost of replacing them every 10K is mind-boggling.

Any comments on a perferred tire for this type of replacement?

Thanks

fred

Yes | No

Re:GM ripping of people again!!!

does gm think we are smart enough to make the money to buy this car but so stupid to swallow tires shot at 7,200 miles!!!always wanting us to buy american but, ripping off their fellow americans.

joel

Yes | No

I tried goodyear on my old SHO, got 20k. Too soft, but sticky, lousy in wet, even slight wet. Have used Pirelli on Merkur, OK, but bet i for combo handling all weather and good cornering, Goodrich GTX, Follow-on G-force, as good. I plan to switch to goodrich when my tires go. Got reasonable 40-50k miles on goodrich, used pretty hard, i don't like to slow down for corners.

Registered Member
    Member No: 139900 slcamino is an unknown quantity at this point slcamino's Avatar

Yes | No

I have an 05 cts-v my tires were shot at 8500.I replaced them with 19" foose rims w/goodyear F-1 255/40/19 they look,ride,and handle much better then the run flats and are supposed to last much longer

Registered Member
    Member No: 142056 redhornet1 is an unknown quantity at this point redhornet1's Avatar

Yes | No

Your plight is very similar to mine, only I didn't even get a tire purchase offer. I had my car realligned at about 7000 miles, then again at 14000. Later in March 05 had tires rotated and allignment again. In June 05 ruined the entire set on a road trip to San Antonio and had to pay $850 for new set in San Antonio. Dealership in SA told me it was due to "agressive driving" which is pure bunk, unless you call freeway speeds aggressive driving. I have rotated the tires only once (admittedly) in the past 12 months and on a recent road trip to Austin ruined another set. Again Cadillac says it is my fault becuase I didn't rotate the tires religiously every 6000 miles. Honestly, I don't know anybody who rotates that often. I believe their an engineering flaw in the 2005 CTS. I had a 2004 CTS, with all its subtle differences, and did NOT have a tire wear problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information